N.E.A

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Out already... :blink:

Here is the first review, thanks to Google for the translation.

After reading that review, my 4870 IceQ's may hang around a little longer. At least til they get all the bugs worked out.

Edited by Hedghawg71

Here is the first review, thanks to Google for the translation.

Assuming the numbers are good it's interesting that the 5870 is out-gunned by the 4870X2 in some of the tests. I wouldn't have called that.

rourk, I wonder if we'll get your inside scoop before ccokeman's, THE RACE IS ON :P

I'm not competing with his reviews they are far more extensive than I'm capable of. I'll throw up some 3DMark scores in the 3DMark competition thread though. If there's anything else you want to know just ask me Thursday afternoon.

I'm not sure when I'll have a second one to throw in there it depends on $ and availability of the cards. $800+ is a lot to sink into one PC's graphics. They are out of stock at the moment. It looks as though my order today for one went through, got my email confirming that I've been charged successfully from newegg.

I'm not competing with his reviews they are far more extensive than I'm capable of. I'll throw up some 3DMark scores in the 3DMark competition thread though. If there's anything else you want to know just ask me Thursday afternoon.

I'm not sure when I'll have a second one to throw in there it depends on $ and availability of the cards. $800+ is a lot to sink into one PC's graphics. They are out of stock at the moment. It looks as though my order today for one went through, got my email confirming that I've been charged successfully from newegg.

I know that I just meant tell us how you like them, not an official report :P

Assuming the numbers are good it's interesting that the 5870 is out-gunned by the 4870X2 in some of the tests. I wouldn't have called that.

I know, after a while I was paying more attention to the 4870x2, I haven't seen it lead the pack like that in a while. maybe I shouldn't of sold that. Can you take auctions down without consequence?? (other than the potential buyers hating your guts??) lol If the numbers are indeed good the 5870 looks like a nice card, but a 4870x2 sure is hard to beat for the money.

I noticed your avatar is animated now. Where is that from? In the true spirit of completely derailing a thread :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's Sanji from One Piece. (an anime) It's the same image it's always been but the animated gif was too big so I finally took the file to an online gif editor and then shrunk it down to work (since OCC's autoshrink took out the animation)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I know, after a while I was paying more attention to the 4870x2, I haven't seen it lead the pack like that in a while. maybe I shouldn't of sold that. Can you take auctions down without consequence?? (other than the potential buyers hating your guts??) lol If the numbers are indeed good the 5870 looks like a nice card, but a 4870x2 sure is hard to beat for the money.

:lol: I had the feeling you might end up regretting that sale. I dunno about pulling an auction though.

:lol: I had the feeling you might end up regretting that sale. I dunno about pulling an auction though.

....yeah so I feel like a complete turd but I ended the auction and cancelled the bids :ph34r: ....I'll be installing my 4870x2 again along with the 8800GT. (I've tried to convince myself that the 4890 was just as good but even with crossfire lacking in some games its still has more guts, and can handle post processing effects like noone's beeswax)

Edited by IVIYTH0S