Need a new game to play

Gr4vitas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for Fallout 3, There is TONNS of re-playability in it, so many ways to play it and the DLC's for it are Great! (Opperation anchorage wasnt great, the Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and now Mothership Zeta are All Amazing addons to the games experience ;) ) ive finished the game 3 times now and just like playing through the dlc's in my spare time.

I Highly recomend Mass effect, great storyline, wonderfull graphics and a fair deal of replayability there too, as you can bee a goody 2 shoes or become a complete renagade, also it actually makes you think twice before you make a choice as it will have a clear impact on events, Mass effect remains in my top 3 trio of games ever played (ME2 is also coming out soon!) :)

Bioshock is an amazing game, theres hardly anything bad i can think of to say about it, its got a tight gripping story and great gameplay, not many games can match up to it in that sence, BUY it i can say you wont regret it ;) (Bioshock 2 will be coming out soon too!)

If you think Crysis had too much running arround then try out Warhead, theres plenty of shooting and action in there, i thouroughly enjoyed that game.

Try out Cryostasis, its a newish game and is just Immence! everything about that game makes you want to keep playing it to the end and solve the mystery, also you will crap your pants a few times along the way, breath takingly immersive graphics too, especially if you have physX (this includes the ageia PPU cards)

Ive only just started playing Fear 2 and enjoy it, although many people do agree the 1st game was better storyline wise. you have to ignore extraction point and perseus mandate and skip to fear 2, you also play as a different character at the same time events are going on in fear 1, this confuses alot of people, overall though an excellent game (both 1 and 2, 2 has great graphics btw) If you like the resident evil series then you will be pleased to know that resident evil 5 is coming out for PC aswell.

Tribes Vengeance is considered an oldie now but its Still an excellent game, Think halo but with jetpacks ;) great storyline, i particularly think playing the part of the assassin is the most fun part of the campaign, also it has great multiplayer, although because its old now dont expect to see hords of people online

Chronicles of Riddick, both Escape from Butcher bay AND Assult on dark athena are Excellent games and if you buy assult on dark athena it actually includes EFBB with updated graphics so it looks amazing! very fun if you like sneaking arround in the dark and assassinating people :)

Racing game wise, need for speed Most wanted is considered to be one of the best since the releace of the newer NFS titles, due to a solid storyline id think. Carbon is great if you like customizing your ride, but not for anything else really, the single player lacks depth to the story and youll find yourself getting annoyed as each new charicter you recruit repeats the same line 'i was there the night you left' <_< personally i hated pro street and havent played any of the newer NFS titles YET, but id highly recomend buying Grid, Beautiful graphics and detail to the smallest of things, and it just seems to be completed to a very high standard, also check out Pure, great game if you like racing offroad and pulling stunts of huge drops, finally Burnout paradise the ultimate box will guarantee to satisfy you if all else fails ;)

Personally i suck unbelievably when it comes to RTS games but a few good ones i know are: Sins of a solar empire, starcraft 2 will be coming out soon, homeworld 2, command and conquer, red alert 3, and stronghold 2.

If your into starwars then i can recomend Jedi Academy, and battlefront 2, and knights of the republic. Sadly it doesnt look as if force unleashed will be coming to pc but there is a petition somethere if you would like to sign it anyway (ill try and find the link)

Some other games of interest to anyone in general who wants a new title to play:

Painkiller, just pure insanity for slaying mosnters, very creative game design and weapons too

Devil may cry 3 and 4, no introduction needed here, both Solid fighting games with style being the key to success ;)

Prey was great back in the day but some people hated it so its kind of a marmite game i like to call it :P prey 2 is coming out at some point at its promicing to be better all round, but if you like fighting in a 3 dimensional space ie - where gravity has been manipulated and you can expect to see enemies poping out of portals both above and below you, add to that with a few oooh's and aaaah's for the special moments the game has, you should enjoy prey.

Upcoming titles to watch out for:

Red faction Guirilla PC

Borderlands

Bioshock 2

Mass effect 2

Assassins creed 2

Final fantasy 13 (and Versus 13 if you have a PS3)

Dark Void

Modern Warfare 2

Lost planet 2

Metal gear solid rising, (now im not sure if its coming out for PC but it will be for 360)

A new mechwarior! (i forget which number it is)

ID Tech 5's Rage

Goodness, sorry if i hijacked the thread while trying to suggest you some games to play! my bad :blush:

I don't think you were detailed enough. Might want to a some more info.

+1 for Fallout 3, There is TONNS of re-playability in it, so many ways to play it and the DLC's for it are Great! (Opperation anchorage wasnt great, the Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and now Mothership Zeta are All Amazing addons to the games experience ;) ) ive finished the game 3 times now and just like playing through the dlc's in my spare time.

I Highly recomend Mass effect, great storyline, wonderfull graphics and a fair deal of replayability there too, as you can bee a goody 2 shoes or become a complete renagade, also it actually makes you think twice before you make a choice as it will have a clear impact on events, Mass effect remains in my top 3 trio of games ever played (ME2 is also coming out soon!) :)

Bioshock is an amazing game, theres hardly anything bad i can think of to say about it, its got a tight gripping story and great gameplay, not many games can match up to it in that sence, BUY it i can say you wont regret it ;) (Bioshock 2 will be coming out soon too!)

If you think Crysis had too much running arround then try out Warhead, theres plenty of shooting and action in there, i thouroughly enjoyed that game.

Try out Cryostasis, its a newish game and is just Immence! everything about that game makes you want to keep playing it to the end and solve the mystery, also you will crap your pants a few times along the way, breath takingly immersive graphics too, especially if you have physX (this includes the ageia PPU cards)

Ive only just started playing Fear 2 and enjoy it, although many people do agree the 1st game was better storyline wise. you have to ignore extraction point and perseus mandate and skip to fear 2, you also play as a different character at the same time events are going on in fear 1, this confuses alot of people, overall though an excellent game (both 1 and 2, 2 has great graphics btw) If you like the resident evil series then you will be pleased to know that resident evil 5 is coming out for PC aswell.

Tribes Vengeance is considered an oldie now but its Still an excellent game, Think halo but with jetpacks ;) great storyline, i particularly think playing the part of the assassin is the most fun part of the campaign, also it has great multiplayer, although because its old now dont expect to see hords of people online

Chronicles of Riddick, both Escape from Butcher bay AND Assult on dark athena are Excellent games and if you buy assult on dark athena it actually includes EFBB with updated graphics so it looks amazing! very fun if you like sneaking arround in the dark and assassinating people :)

Racing game wise, need for speed Most wanted is considered to be one of the best since the releace of the newer NFS titles, due to a solid storyline id think. Carbon is great if you like customizing your ride, but not for anything else really, the single player lacks depth to the story and youll find yourself getting annoyed as each new charicter you recruit repeats the same line 'i was there the night you left' <_< personally i hated pro street and havent played any of the newer NFS titles YET, but id highly recomend buying Grid, Beautiful graphics and detail to the smallest of things, and it just seems to be completed to a very high standard, also check out Pure, great game if you like racing offroad and pulling stunts of huge drops, finally Burnout paradise the ultimate box will guarantee to satisfy you if all else fails ;)

Personally i suck unbelievably when it comes to RTS games but a few good ones i know are: Sins of a solar empire, starcraft 2 will be coming out soon, homeworld 2, command and conquer, red alert 3, and stronghold 2.

If your into starwars then i can recomend Jedi Academy, and battlefront 2, and knights of the republic. Sadly it doesnt look as if force unleashed will be coming to pc but there is a petition somethere if you would like to sign it anyway (ill try and find the link)

Some other games of interest to anyone in general who wants a new title to play:

Painkiller, just pure insanity for slaying mosnters, very creative game design and weapons too

Devil may cry 3 and 4, no introduction needed here, both Solid fighting games with style being the key to success ;)

Prey was great back in the day but some people hated it so its kind of a marmite game i like to call it :P prey 2 is coming out at some point at its promicing to be better all round, but if you like fighting in a 3 dimensional space ie - where gravity has been manipulated and you can expect to see enemies poping out of portals both above and below you, add to that with a few oooh's and aaaah's for the special moments the game has, you should enjoy prey.

Upcoming titles to watch out for:

Red faction Guirilla PC

Borderlands

Bioshock 2

Mass effect 2

Assassins creed 2

Final fantasy 13 (and Versus 13 if you have a PS3)

Dark Void

Modern Warfare 2

Lost planet 2

Metal gear solid rising, (now im not sure if its coming out for PC but it will be for 360)

A new mechwarior! (i forget which number it is)

ID Tech 5's Rage

Goodness, sorry if i hijacked the thread while trying to suggest you some games to play! my bad

:blink:

Jesus man, thanks a ton. Really helpful, I've already looked into all of these games checking out game play vids and such reading reviews. I'll definatly have to give some of these a shot, I just got a bit of a bonus at work and I've got a good $200+ I want to spend on some new games, so I'll be trying some out for sure!

:blink:

Jesus man, thanks a ton. Really helpful, I've already looked into all of these games checking out game play vids and such reading reviews. I'll definatly have to give some of these a shot, I just got a bit of a bonus at work and I've got a good $200+ I want to spend on some new games, so I'll be trying some out for sure!

Lol no problem dude, anything to help a fellow gamer in need ;)

I don't think you were detailed enough. Might want to a some more info.

Yes.. Sorry i was rather vague on the details, if you want i can go more in depth and give a full review of any of the above and quite a few more (excluding RTS, and yes i know you were being sarcastic) :lol:

id also take a look at the orange box as that was highly spoken of as being the best package deal of 2008 i think it was? Also theres a new AVP game in the works, which will probably be releaced by the time Colonial Marines is out, which im looking forward to.

2009/10 is going to be one of the greatest years for games :)

Edited by SenitaL