Need a new game to play

Gr4vitas

I've played wow for a solid 4 years now and I recently quit playing, for many reasons of which I won't go into but I'll just say the game just isn't what it used to be, no more skills needed lmao.

ANYWAY, before I go off on a 20 page tangent about how fail the game is now....

I'm just looking for something new, I play left 4 dead occasionally but it just doesn't have the replay ability I need. I was thinking maybe I should get into RTS?

I don't really know which way I want to go RTS / RPG / MMORPG / FPS I just have no idea, I want something fresh and new with replay ability though I know that much.

Anyway I know it sounds like I'm just saying "Hey I want an awesome game that I'll love" and expecting you guys to find me one, but I guess I'm just more or less looking for ideas, I cant think of anything I want to try.

Whats everyone playing?

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anymore I usually just play left 4 dead, team fortress 2, and call of duty 4, I can kind of see how the replay potential in them can be lost but a good way to keep it interesting is mods, for TF2 I play on a lot of the AlphaOmega servers which use fun player made maps and have roll the dice and jetpack, but TF2 also has a large amount of annoying people playing (I'm sure some of you know what I mean) so I play L4D just to get away from it and go rambo on some zombies. With COD4 I recently got into mods because I was sick of dealing with all the frag spamming, noob tubing, etc. and the zombie mod seems to be the popular one for it but I prefer the alien mod. I suppose that isn't really recommending new games though so... I'm really not sure what to suggest, I wouldn't recommend any mmorpg though, I used to play runescape for about 4 or 5 years and now that I have quit I sort of feel like it was a waste of time. I would recommend trying some older games and games made by less known developers, one of my favorites is American Mcgee, not as popular as I think he should be but I really love his games.

Anymore I usually just play left 4 dead, team fortress 2, and call of duty 4, I can kind of see how the replay potential in them can be lost but a good way to keep it interesting is mods, for TF2 I play on a lot of the AlphaOmega servers which use fun player made maps and have roll the dice and jetpack, but TF2 also has a large amount of annoying people playing (I'm sure some of you know what I mean) so I play L4D just to get away from it and go rambo on some zombies. With COD4 I recently got into mods because I was sick of dealing with all the frag spamming, noob tubing, etc. and the zombie mod seems to be the popular one for it but I prefer the alien mod. I suppose that isn't really recommending new games though so... I'm really not sure what to suggest, I wouldn't recommend any mmorpg though, I used to play runescape for about 4 or 5 years and now that I have quit I sort of feel like it was a waste of time. I would recommend trying some older games and games made by less known developers, one of my favorites is American Mcgee, not as popular as I think he should be but I really love his games.

Thanks for the incite, I'm browsing around the internet for games, I have farcry 2 and crysis and such, but I couldn't really get into them that much crysis was just too much running around not enough action. Far cry was fun but there really isn't a lot to do in the game... besides follow the quest chain and such, limited weapons and stuff and always having to deal with random people every inch of your travels was such a pain.

I am thinking about playing AION.

or the new Wii sports pack.

Yea Aion looked really cool, but honestly I feel like it will be just another WoW for me. Not really sure I want to get into it.

I just installed oblivion again lol going to give it a shot.

Heroes of Newerth (rpg / rts)

Mirrors edge (a good game but i dont think it has multiplayer)

- off topic here but what cpu cooling do you have?

Heroes of Newerth (rpg / rts)

Mirrors edge (a good game but i dont think it has multiplayer)

- off topic here but what cpu cooling do you have?

Lol you have no idea how often I get asked that, I have a Zalmen 9700, there are two factors however that allow me to get such a high clock on my Q6600, first is my ambient temps are very very low, like 55-60 degrees, secondly I lucked out with an EXCELLENT Q6600, it just so happens to OC like nuts and runs oddly cool.

Lol you have no idea how often I get asked that, I have a Zalmen 9700, there are two factors however that allow me to get such a high clock on my Q6600, first is my ambient temps are very very low, like 55-60 degrees, secondly I lucked out with an EXCELLENT Q6600, it just so happens to OC like nuts and runs oddly cool.

Try The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. 40 plus hours and I thought it was a well thought out game.

Do you like RTS?

I have tried one or two games! :lol:

... but I always go back to Command & Conquer!

Something to think about when set on the highest difficulty.

Have you tried them?

Cheers

Paul

Try The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. 40 plus hours and I thought it was a well thought out game.

Do you like RTS?

I have tried one or two games! :lol:

... but I always go back to Command & Conquer!

Something to think about when set on the highest difficulty.

Have you tried them?

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look into them.