Gr4vitas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you like RTS?

I have tried one or two games! :lol:

... but I always go back to Command & Conquer!

Something to think about when set on the highest difficulty.

Have you tried them?

Cheers

Paul

I love CnC but the campaign is too easy anymore. Multiplayer is a lot of fun too, mostly I just get a couple friends together and play some AI as a team or something. We took on a Brutal with two ppl and bearly managed to edge it out :P

ya witcher is decent. Crysis was cool. Played Left for Dead on the xbox (I think) and that's fun too.

I'm into Fallout3 at the moment. Depending on how you play the game there are different routes and things to do. I've beat it twice, and working on my 3rd character now. Still enjoy playing it and even with this 3rd toon, I'm seeing and doing things I didn't get to do before. I'll probably buy the $10 expansion pack for 10 more levels and more area to explore soon.

Edited by Fight Game

Alright so I've looked around quite a bit, and what about fear 2? It looks like a really fun game to play through all scary and crap. Are the graphics really nice? Anyone played it?

Edit: Should I play the first FEAR before I play the second one? Will I miss out on a lot of story line?

Edited by Gr4vitas

Alright so I've looked around quite a bit, and what about fear 2? It looks like a really fun game to play through all scary and crap. Are the graphics really nice? Anyone played it?

Edit: Should I play the first FEAR before I play the second one? Will I miss out on a lot of story line?

I would play the first fear before the second. The first one was way better than the second IMO. If you are looking for something to hold your attention for a while than this is going to do it. Games aren't that long and don't have much replayability.

I would play the first fear before the second. The first one was way better than the second IMO. If you are looking for something to hold your attention for a while than this is going to do it. Games aren't that long and don't have much replayability.

Thanks for the info, I downloaded the fear 2 demo and played it, it was really short but gave me a good idea about the game. I really thought it was fun and there were a couple places that really scared the @$#^ out of me haha. I may have a go at it. I may look into getting the first one first though, are the graphics pretty sub par with the first one?

Thanks for the info, I downloaded the fear 2 demo and played it, it was really short but gave me a good idea about the game. I really thought it was fun and there were a couple places that really scared the @$#^ out of me haha. I may have a go at it. I may look into getting the first one first though, are the graphics pretty sub par with the first one?

Graphics are good on the first one. It has been a few years now but for story purposes you should play it.

Someone else actually thinks the first game is better other than me for once, now I don't feel like such a freak about this. :D

But ya, I recommend playing the first game first for sure, this was actually a game that gave me some good scares, I didn't get anything out of the second one though. As for the storyline, I personally don't like the way they went with FEAR2, I enjoyed the unofficial expansion packs of the first a lot though.

Someone else actually thinks the first game is better other than me for once, now I don't feel like such a freak about this. :D

But ya, I recommend playing the first game first for sure, this was actually a game that gave me some good scares, I didn't get anything out of the second one though. As for the storyline, I personally don't like the way they went with FEAR2, I enjoyed the unofficial expansion packs of the first a lot though.

The first one was the scariest game I ever played. The second one didn't do anything for me as far as scary goes. Play the first one in the dark with some good headphones on. Awesome experience.

I would say try these:

Battlefield series (2142, Vietnam, etc)

Quake Live

Left 4 Dead

Medal of Honor : Allied Assault - Yeah pretty old lol...but I've always loved this game. There's still a huge MP community too. :thumbs-up:

And one game I've been meaning to install again...Avp 2. Another super old game :lol: but it's still pretty fun to me. I'm not sure how the MP community is now though...I haven't played it in like a year.

Single player:

Black and White 2

Prototype

Fear 2 (the multiplayer is garbage imo)

Assasins Creed

Bioshock

Edited by Computation

+1 for Fallout 3, There is TONNS of re-playability in it, so many ways to play it and the DLC's for it are Great! (Opperation anchorage wasnt great, the Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and now Mothership Zeta are All Amazing addons to the games experience ;) ) ive finished the game 3 times now and just like playing through the dlc's in my spare time.

I Highly recomend Mass effect, great storyline, wonderfull graphics and a fair deal of replayability there too, as you can bee a goody 2 shoes or become a complete renagade, also it actually makes you think twice before you make a choice as it will have a clear impact on events, Mass effect remains in my top 3 trio of games ever played (ME2 is also coming out soon!) :)

Bioshock is an amazing game, theres hardly anything bad i can think of to say about it, its got a tight gripping story and great gameplay, not many games can match up to it in that sence, BUY it i can say you wont regret it ;) (Bioshock 2 will be coming out soon too!)

If you think Crysis had too much running arround then try out Warhead, theres plenty of shooting and action in there, i thouroughly enjoyed that game.

Try out Cryostasis, its a newish game and is just Immence! everything about that game makes you want to keep playing it to the end and solve the mystery, also you will crap your pants a few times along the way, breath takingly immersive graphics too, especially if you have physX (this includes the ageia PPU cards)

Ive only just started playing Fear 2 and enjoy it, although many people do agree the 1st game was better storyline wise. you have to ignore extraction point and perseus mandate and skip to fear 2, you also play as a different character at the same time events are going on in fear 1, this confuses alot of people, overall though an excellent game (both 1 and 2, 2 has great graphics btw) If you like the resident evil series then you will be pleased to know that resident evil 5 is coming out for PC aswell.

Tribes Vengeance is considered an oldie now but its Still an excellent game, Think halo but with jetpacks ;) great storyline, i particularly think playing the part of the assassin is the most fun part of the campaign, also it has great multiplayer, although because its old now dont expect to see hords of people online

Chronicles of Riddick, both Escape from Butcher bay AND Assult on dark athena are Excellent games and if you buy assult on dark athena it actually includes EFBB with updated graphics so it looks amazing! very fun if you like sneaking arround in the dark and assassinating people :)

Racing game wise, need for speed Most wanted is considered to be one of the best since the releace of the newer NFS titles, due to a solid storyline id think. Carbon is great if you like customizing your ride, but not for anything else really, the single player lacks depth to the story and youll find yourself getting annoyed as each new charicter you recruit repeats the same line 'i was there the night you left' <_< personally i hated pro street and havent played any of the newer NFS titles YET, but id highly recomend buying Grid, Beautiful graphics and detail to the smallest of things, and it just seems to be completed to a very high standard, also check out Pure, great game if you like racing offroad and pulling stunts of huge drops, finally Burnout paradise the ultimate box will guarantee to satisfy you if all else fails ;)

Personally i suck unbelievably when it comes to RTS games but a few good ones i know are: Sins of a solar empire, starcraft 2 will be coming out soon, homeworld 2, command and conquer, red alert 3, and stronghold 2.

If your into starwars then i can recomend Jedi Academy, and battlefront 2, and knights of the republic. Sadly it doesnt look as if force unleashed will be coming to pc but there is a petition somethere if you would like to sign it anyway (ill try and find the link)

Some other games of interest to anyone in general who wants a new title to play:

Painkiller, just pure insanity for slaying mosnters, very creative game design and weapons too

Devil may cry 3 and 4, no introduction needed here, both Solid fighting games with style being the key to success ;)

Prey was great back in the day but some people hated it so its kind of a marmite game i like to call it :P prey 2 is coming out at some point at its promicing to be better all round, but if you like fighting in a 3 dimensional space ie - where gravity has been manipulated and you can expect to see enemies poping out of portals both above and below you, add to that with a few oooh's and aaaah's for the special moments the game has, you should enjoy prey.

Upcoming titles to watch out for:

Red faction Guirilla PC

Borderlands

Bioshock 2

Mass effect 2

Assassins creed 2

Final fantasy 13 (and Versus 13 if you have a PS3)

Dark Void

Modern Warfare 2

Lost planet 2

Metal gear solid rising, (now im not sure if its coming out for PC but it will be for 360)

A new mechwarior! (i forget which number it is)

ID Tech 5's Rage

Goodness, sorry if i hijacked the thread while trying to suggest you some games to play! my bad :blush:

Edited by SenitaL