Is the 4670 still a good choice?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it was my ASUS motherboard and power supply that got smoked. There was a bad ground.

Fried the 24 pin plug on the motherboard and the one to the power supply.

No it was my ASUS motherboard and power supply that got smoked. There was a bad ground.

Fried the 24 pin plug on the motherboard and the one to the power supply.

sure.....that's why you removed it from your signature :D. But thanks for your input!! I agree that he should get the best videocard he can fit into his budget.

Well I swapped out the 500 watt and put in one that is 300 watts. Idle is at 178 watts at 1.2 amps. Will check again when I run 3dmark06.

Ok 223 watts at 2.2 amps at load running 3dmark06.

Edited by OwinC

Well I swapped out the 500 watt and put in one that is 300 watts. Idle is at 178 watts at 1.2 amps. Will check again when I run 3dmark06.

Ok 223 watts at 2.2 amps at load running 3dmark06.

Why the hell do I have a 650w power supply...

Why the hell do I have a 650w power supply...

Much better. Yeah you could probably use a 300 watt PSU, but that will die a lot faster than the 650. You always want a few extra watts, you don't want to constantly use everything the PSU has.

edit.. at your resolution the 4830 might be awesome

I have a XFX 4830,and its a really great card.OC's great,and its a really good performer.I can max out any game without issue(including AA) even crysis runs perfectly at 1280x1024 if you mess with the advanced settings.Its the best card ive ever bought,reccomended without a doubt.

I have a XFX 4830,and its a really great card.OC's great,and its a really good performer.I can max out any game without issue(including AA) even crysis runs perfectly at 1280x1024 if you mess with the advanced settings.Its the best card ive ever bought,reccomended without a doubt.

they would be out of budget though, I think the 4850 is a much better bargain than the 4830, the 4830 needs to get cheaper

I've lost the plot a bit here but...

A 4670 (70W) will be fine on a good quality 300W power supply if it's a fairly standard system, one or two HDD, an optical drive, a couple of fans, etc.

The 4850 is 110W and for that I would recommend a small PSU upgrade to 400W.

Why can't you game on a 4670 at 1280 x 1024? The quality settings obviously have to be lower but this does not matter for some people, it doesn't make the game any less playable!

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg