Windows 7 RC expires.

greengiant912

In just a few days Windows 7 RC will expire.

My question is can I downgrade it back to vista w/out a reformat? hehe :P

I guess I should of thought about this before even installing Windows 7 but I was dumb lol...

I just want to try to avoid a reformat for a few more weeks...

The Beta expires on August 1, 2009, and bi-hourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The RC will expire June 1, 2010, and the bi-hourly shutdowns will begin on March 1, 2010. In both cases, you'll need to rebuild your test PC to replace the OS and reinstall all your programs and data.

beta yes. RC no.

Edited by taowulf

In just a few days Windows 7 RC will expire.

My question is can I downgrade it back to vista w/out a reformat? hehe :P

I guess I should of thought about this before even installing Windows 7 but I was dumb lol...

I just want to try to avoid a reformat for a few more weeks...

whats stopping you from burning the rc iso complete with a legitimate key and utilizing that as your main os until w7 hits the market?

this deal is very good and totally unlike microsoft so perhaps you can take advantage of it

http://promotions.newegg.com/Microsoft/Win...e%2f362x130.jpg

i already ordered my professional version for the folding rig so i'll have a legal copy after the expiration of the rc ... B:)

kwik edit...btw the w7 rc i'm using now is very nice so i hope the retail version works as well...lol :lol:

whats stopping you from burning the rc iso complete with a legitimate key and utilizing that as your main os until w7 hits the market?

this deal is very good and totally unlike microsoft so perhaps you can take advantage of it

http://promotions.newegg.com/Microsoft/Win...e%2f362x130.jpg

i already ordered my proffesional version for the folding rig so i'll have a legal copy after the expiration of the rc ... B:)

kwik edit...btw the w7 rc i'm using now is very nice so i hope the retail version works as well...lol :lol:

My key is supposed to be legit, I got my copy threw my MSDN AA program, and it is the RC 1 Candidate build 7000, however yesterday I started getting a message popping up on my computer saying it would expire in a few days...

im downloading 7100 direct from MS right now...

Edited by greengiant912

My key is supposed to be legit, I got my copy threw my MSDN AA program, and it is the RC 1 Candidate build 7000, however yesterday I started getting a message popping up on my computer saying it would expire in a few days...

im downloading 7100 direct from MS right now...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Windows-7-B...GA-103371.shtml

You have a beta build.

Greengiant912,

Windows 7 RC is build 7100 not 7000. Build 700 is beta. Also, be sure that when you install Windows 7 RC Build 7100 that you use a product key for that build and not the beta build key.

Jessica

Microsoft Windows Client Team