Folding Rig Poll

ir_cow

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have a folding rig? and what is the cost?

• Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and ABOVE of NEW parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and ABOVE of USED parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and BELOW of NEW parts
    • Single dedicated Rig worth $400 and BELOW of USED parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and ABOVE of NEW parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and ABOVE of USED parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and BELOW of NEW parts
    • Multiple dedicated Rigs worth $400 and BELOW of USED parts
    • I don't have a deadicated folding rig but i use my personal computer
    • I use my computer plus a dedicated rig
    • I am lame and just do not folding for anything
  2. 2. I use THIS/THESE cards for folding

• Nvidia 8800GT
    • Nvidia 9800GT/GTX/+
    • Nvidia GTX 260/280/275
    • Nvidia GTX 295
    • Nvidia 9600gso
    • ATi 4850/70
    • ATi 4890
    • ATi 4870x2
    • Some other old card that gives me low points.
    • None of the above

Maybe its user error for the downage :P

I dont blow that much stuff up! like some people I know ! Right now 2 I7s are sitting Idle with 285s in them just got to turn them back on. As soon as this review is done .......

I'm rocking SMP and GPU2 w/GTX 260 on my sig rig, and instances of GPU2 on two 9600 GSOs 96 SPs in a dedicated folding rig. I'm really happy w/my daily crunching and PPD, but I'm probably gonna add another GSO to the dedicated rig. considering they sip electricity, and their incredible shader overclocking potential and PPD, the 9600 GSO 96 SP has to be one of the best price/performance folding cards available.

cool thread idea, cow. :)

whats the PPD on that? around 3,000?

idk cow...it's 2 gpu console clients that cycle thru about twice a day along with a cpu console client that usually takes several days to complete a cycle...whatever that comes out to..??

I have stopped folding for the summer because it is simply too hot. My roommate is still folding on the 3850 I gave him. I don't have any dedicated but use my desktop and HTPC when the temperature permits. 3 Linux SMP clients and 2 GPU (4850 and 3850).

My folding machine is my personal computers as listed in my signature. I've been running 2 GPU clients and 3 notFred VMs. Last check on FAHMon I was averaging in the range of 22-24k PPD. OBTW, my rig is working on an 1888 point GPU WU for the first time in a while.

I have a total of Nine 24/7 folding rigs with a total of 16cpu cores and 4gpu cores. They are all unfortunately shut down for the summer or until business gets better......I can't afford $400 plus electric bills right now like I used to :(

I dont think $400+ electric bills are ever affordable but sadly with my all electric home and computers, tvs, lights, pool, fish pond and A/C mine sadly come this much or higher. I need a better insulated home.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm temporarily offline while I'm adding Arctic Cooling coolers to my 275's. The plan is to upgrade one, see how it works and then install a cooler on the other. I hope to be up and running later as I had to go to work before I could button up the case and light it up with one card in the meantime.

The good news is I passed the 400,000 point mark yesterday.