these gfx cards any good?

ok I was really wanting the nvidia 260 stleast but money is tight and these are on sale for CRAZY cheap. so how are these 2.

and which ones better?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=A2641036

or

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/product...mp;sku=A2641030

and outta the 2 thats the best. What kidna games will it run? will it run farcry 2 high? fallout 3? crysis?

thanks

Stay away from the the 9500GT.

The 9600GT is a pretty good card and at that price it's going to be hard to beat. Don't think it will run everything at high though, you get what you pay for! Check out this review, it has three 9600GT so it'll give you an idea of performance:

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/xf...ha_dog_edition/

Just don't expect to get GTX260 performance out of this ;)

Edited by Zertz

That is retarded cheap. I think I spent $100 on my BFG 9600GT just a few months ago. The 9600gt IS a good card... it just won't be up to playing anything at very high res with very high settings. Crysis will be pretty much out of the question. I get 7 FPS on very high settings and like 20ish on high. I can play pretty much anything else tho on high res on my 1080p monitor.

oh ok thanks 9k racing because i have a 1080p. have you trieed assassins creed, farcry 2, fallout 3? or CoD games? and at what res.? because I have the same monitor as you lol

Edited by samrozzi

look on ebay, i keep seeing 8800gts and 9600gso for $50-60 those you may be able to run on high.

8800 GTS 512 would be a very nice card at your price point if you can find one for $75-ish.

if you look at the 9600 GSO, it's important to make sure you get the GOOD 9600 GSO if you do get one. the GOOD GSO has 96 stream processors, and memory divisible by 192 - so you want one with 192mb, 384mb, or 768mb RAM. here's a link to a good one.

the BAD GSO has only 48 SPs, and memory divisible by 256 - so you AVOID cards with 256, 512, 1gb, and 1.5gb RAM. here's a link to a bad one.

they are very good cards, I have two of them in a secondary/folding rig. on a 20" widescreen, you should be able to play COD on high settings - maybe not max, but high.

:)

Meh... while finding a 9600GT for 50 bux is good, it still is severely outdated in today's GPU market. I personally wouldn't buy this card again... I'd spend the extra $70 or so and get AT LEAST a 216 core GTX 260. You will really be able to play everything at high res and not have to worry. Or you can be stupid like me.. buy a 9600GT and then realize that it's simply not enough for today's games... and especially for tomorrows games. =P

I think all of us forgot to ask the most important question: OP, what exactly is your budget for a GPU?

all of the people answering your question are operating on assumptions or guesses. we can help you best if you give us specific parameters. :)

My brother plays fallout 3 on ultra high with no aa with a....get this...8600gts, mildly overclocked. I could believe it! but then again he is gaming at like 1024x768, and really even in todays games if you arent gonna have a large resolution then the 9600gt will work pretty darn good. Start cranking up the res and then you need a bigger and bigger card. I mean how much good would a gtx 260 do with the resolution at 1024x768 or even at 1280 x 720. Its not gonna make an improvement over a lot lesser cards when the cpu becomes the bottleneck. So really its after the budget then what is the res your gonna be gaming at. And like 9kracing said, the 9600gt is nothing when you game at 1080 but if you were gaming at 1024x728 the 9600gt would be right up there with most higher dollar cards. Trust me is always a good thing to match your components. Whats good in one case may not fair good in another, so to the OP. If you plan on 1920x1080 then you wouldnt be wise to go for anything under the gtx260 right now. Sorry

Edited by ocre