Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

If they have low-res textures in ME2, it would not be the first time. In ME1, virtually every clothing except for the Normandy crew clothes were low-res... even the pressure suits of Tali and all the Volus people were low-res. Every single person you talked to on the Citadel had a nicely detailed face but the clothing they wore looked like it had a res of 128x128 and not 512x512 or higher. Hell, even the face of Garrus was incredibly low-res compared to every other Turian in the game. They said they fixed it in a patch for the PC version but I never noticed an improvement. The same thing happens in Dragon Age as well, a lot of textures in that game are low-res but thankfully someone has created a mod that replaces all the low-res images with ones of much higher quality. I don't believe this will happen for ME2 since they don't allow modding of it, but Bioware has a lovely track record of real low-res images for a lot of the textures in their games of late.

Maybe Bioware will actually fix it in a patch, but they never did for ME1.

Just incase anyone should wonder about this, I applied the crossfire hotfix for ME2, and I can safely say it works with single card solutions as well, but I also did it in hopes it would improve texture quality as some people are reporting that it does help, but in my case that is one big no-go.

Stupid textures are decimating the immersive experience :<

Just incase anyone should wonder about this, I applied the crossfire hotfix for ME2, and I can safely say it works with single card solutions as well, but I also did it in hopes it would improve texture quality as some people are reporting that it does help, but in my case that is one big no-go.

Stupid textures are decimating the immersive experience :

The low res textures are not a graphics card problem, its a game engine problem. Bioware just doesn't put in that many high res textures to help cut down on the load for the 360 and when the game also comes out on the PC, they still don't improve the quality of them. It really brings down the overall quality and immersion of the game, like you're finding out, because its one thing to create this amazing world and then you suddenly see a texture pulled from 1998 and it just drops the experience. I'm hopeful they'll actually fix it in a patch, though like I said, they reportedly did that for ME1 but to no effect. If you ever play ME1 on the PC, whatever you do don't look at Garrus' face up close.. total mood killer since the textures pale in comparison to every other Turian you encounter in the game. Bioware said patch 1.01 fixed it.. but I never noticed any change at all. Still super low res compared to the rest.

Also, what the hell is up with ME2's level cap at 30? Did they really dumb it down for no reason or are the levels incredibly hard to get in it?

I'm near the end and I'm somewhere like level 20, so yea, it's not like the first game where you could easily hit 45-50 by the end of the game.
The levels just take longer to reach. You essentially can only level up after a mission, and when you get to the higher levels, it takes several.

Well thats kind of dumb imo. But I guess it makes sense.. both KotOR and DAO have a level 20 cap so I guess it fits in with the track record of their recent games, with the exception of Mass Effect and its level 60 cap. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get use to it when I start playing the game. Looks like I'll be attempting the level 30 cap limit before long lol.

Well Im back Guys! :D :D :D And i have to start Again because i couldnt recover the data from my Temp HDD either, And i had to buy a New Optical Media drive because mine crashed up today, But I dont care! Because the begining og the game is just so mind blowing id happily do it over a hundred times :)

Used my Cerberus Network code, and it works but i only get the Zaieed DLC and Normandy Crash Site, None of the Armors (Except my collectors armor code, which i hav'nt used), so that was disapointing, but i did a quick search and found a Warez of all the DLC anyway.. so thats.. good i guess :unsure: :thumbs-up:

I also found this place which is great for the people like me who lost their ME1 Saves, or for you other just plain lazy Guys :rolleyes::lol:

http://www.annakie.com/me/

So now you can import your ME1 save to ME2 ;)

Oh and as far as the Low Texture Issues go in ME2, id suggest changing the variables in the INI config settngs, there are settings like

MinTexture LOD Size= 512, max = 1280, try changing the Max Setting because if you raise the Lowest one then you will probably get missing textures or glitches. For full Details check out the Advanced tweaking Pages for ME1 over at Tweakguides, and see what you can apply of that to your ME2, as its pretty much the same thing: http://www.tweakguides.com/ME_7.html

Enjoy the game people! :)

Oh and as far as the Low Texture Issues go in ME2, id suggest changing the variables in the INI config settngs, there are settings like

MinTexture LOD Size= 512, max = 1280, try changing the Max Setting because if you raise the Lowest one then you will probably get missing textures or glitches. For full Details check out the Advanced tweaking Pages for ME1 over at Tweakguides, and see what you can apply of that to your ME2, as its pretty much the same thing: http://www.tweakguides.com/ME_7.html

Enjoy the game people! :)

Hoooold it right there skippo!

I heard elsewhere that you need a hex editor in order to tweak the ini because it changes some kind of ID in the file that the game looks for, and as you change this ID when you make changes outside of the game, it doesn't boot up and other stuff. I really can't vouch for this because the last thing I want is to need to do a clean install of ME2 and everything, and I feel that putting up with lower textures is less game-breaking than breaking my game :thumbs-up:

Edited by Danrik

For anyone still gaming on SD TV sets, Bioware won't fix Mass Effect 2's illegible text issue. I kind of feel sorry for the people who haven't upgraded to HD yet, and to them, I say come on!

I'll finally be able to install Mass Effect 2 tonight and then join the ranks of everyone else in this thread. Though, I do have a bit of reading to catch up on.. but I'll be gaming a lot early next week since I don't have a Wednesday morning class. I'm tempted to go Monday night till early Tuesday morning of just straight ME2. :lol:

So, I got the game installed last night and all I can say is OMG!!! The first 10-15 minutes, shocking!

When you get blown out the gapping hole, jesus that was moving. I didn't quite believe it at first and then suddenly you're being brought back to life. Woah..

I went back to the Citadel after I joined up with the Illusive Man. Quite a big change there, but glad to see everything is in order. Like me getting discounts at all the shops lol. Now, I'm on Omega looking for the Professor and then Archangel. I've found the Professor but I need to find an assistant of his who is probably dead and/or in pieces somewhere. Oh well, time to find him and then get the insanely fast talking Salarian on my crew.

Such an amazing game, I cannot wait to play it more haha.

EPIC! Epicepicepic. Finished my first play-through last night. Really a terrific climax.

First thoughts were about the quality of the voice acting. A seriously big step up from the last game. Sheen is fantastic as the Illusive Man, but the one that really blew me away was Tricia Helfer (everyone's favorite Cylon). Her exchanges with Seth Green were hysterical and just kept getting better. Other voices from the SciFi genre that surprised me; Micheal Dorn (Worf from Star Trek), Carrie-Ann Moss (Trinity from the Matrix), Mike Hogan (Saul Tigh, also from BSG) and Adam Baldwin (Jayne Cobb from Serenity). I thought it was cool that these sorts of people were tapped for the job of voicing the very large cast. It's clear that the first game made money and they were willing to spend it on the second one. Mordin was also really funny all the way through, but the "misunderstanding" between us after I'd gained his loyalty cracked me up. Some killer quotes in this game. "Implications... unsettling." :lol:

I miss the salvage a little bit - there's no chance of becoming a millionaire in the sequel. I felt poor the whole game. Would have been nice to be able to convert some of the resources to cash... I finished up with over 300,000 each of palladium, iridium and platinum, and almost 100,000 of zero. I quit mining when I figured out there wasn't going to be much use for it after I maxed out all available research. So the balance between cash and resources could be better, or they could have been linked the same way fuel and resources were.

Now that I played nice and maxed another Paragon, time to dust off my full Renegade Vanguard and spend some QT with Jack. Miranda's sweet and dinner with Kelly was nice, but it's time to roll up my sleeves. ;)

i havent played in a week or so. i need to fire it back up. the story just keeps getting better and better as i go. im very interested to see how this one ends.

the ending at the end of ME1 was so intense i hope ME2 can match/exceed it.

The trippy thing is that your ending is going to be very different from mine. I can see a dozen different branches all influenced by things I did even as far back as ME1. The playability is remarkable.