Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

Hey guys i saw that Microsoft has all the pre-order armors and a few bits of gear on its Xboxlive site, (for free if i remember correctly) where can i get this for the PC version? is this supposed to be in the cerberus network thing and since its released on the 29th here will it be free then? (because i hear its only free on the 26'th) anyone got a link to somewhere i can keep a watch out for this stuff? :unsure:

Interesting little tidbit concerning the DLC at launch. All of it will be free at launch, including a planet and even a new party member (Dragon Age "Stone Prisoner" anyone?).. but more details will be following later. To me, it almost seems like the pre-order bonuses will be made available to everyone, possibly after launch, but for a small fee. At least, thats what I think they'll do.. and knowing how most pre-order bonuses are eventually made available for a small price later on, it seems fairly reasonable to think that for ME2.

EDIT: Just saw an article on 1up.com about the Cerberus Network that Bioware is doing for ME2's DLC. Full details here! Basically, if you buy the game new you get access to it for free. If you buy it used, you have to pay to gain access in order to get the DLC. What this does is essentially cut out the savings of buying a used game, if the game is 55 dollars instead of 60 and you have to pay 5 bucks to get to the CN, you aren't saving anything. This is mostly for console gamers since Gamestop (who is the target most likely) doesn't sell used PC games, but it is interesting nonetheless. Will it pan out? Who knows, but it is one way to keep the new game sales up and siphon money away from Gamestop.. which I am all for haha.

All the PC content is handled through the Cerberus Network. My understanding of it is that if you bought the PC game new, you will get the available at launch content for free. They will probably have a few cards with the codes for each item on it and then you can download it at your leisure. At least, thats how it was with the Dragon Age stuff so I'm just ballparking on it with the ME2 stuff since I don't have my game yet. If anyone who has the retail copy can shed some light, much appreciated.

EDIT: Nothing a little digging on the website won't cure. Here is the official page for the Cerberus Network, including..

Activate your Cerberus Network card and receive access to exclusive benefits. You will be eligible to download new missions, characters and more as well as have access to an up-to-date news stream. Additional paid DLC will be available and will not require the Cerberus Network to purchase. More details on paid DLC to come in the future.
Edited by bp9801

My Collector's Edition shipped and is on track for arrival before the weekend, so I'm praying for rain. Just tonight finished migrating my saves over to the new computer. I've got the choice of a Paragon Infiltrator and a Renegade Vanguard to start with... really anxious to get started. Those who downloaded or picked up the game - bonchance!

Well, I've got some bad news. It seems as if my monitor's CFL is going out on the top portion, so I'm sending it back under warranty to be fixed. Which means I'll have to drop down to a 1280x1024 res.. which is a huge downgrade from my current 19x12. Ew. :angry: I don't see a point in gaming much at that small res since I'm use to HD, but we'll see. I'll probably register for the Cerberus Network once my game arrives and get all the content downloaded, then once my repaired/replaced monitor arrives I'll be back to gaming. Hopefully its back by my spring break so I can spend the week doing that. :(

Just hit the 20 1/2 hour mark... I am loving the game... So much content, the one thing I am up in the air is weather or not what was worse, Long arse elevators, or loading screens... Personally it gets annoying when ya die and have to reload the mission :-\ but its a tiny thing compared to the total epicness of this game.

Sorry to Hear that bp, well atleast you can still play eh? besides, why not just Ramp up Anti Alising to 8X - that should partly make up for the loss of image quality ;)

Just picked up my CE copy today and got back now, Im NOT going to install it yet, due to my Temp HDD (:angry2:) , but i will be downloading the game, and playing it, because i just cant wait for my Replacement to arrive :P

Just to be clear, if you have the Cerberus Network Card (which i do - CE) once its regestred with EA, can you just download stuff for free or is it only free for a limited ammount of time?

Edited by SenitaL

im at the 16.5 hour mark. i get the feeling im not even close to finishing it yet.

who is your favorite character so far (other than Shepard)

mine is Thane. complete bada$$ but something about him is very strange. idk its intriguing

Sorry to Hear that bp, well atleast you can still play eh? besides, why not just Ramp up Anti Alising to 8X - that should partly make up for the loss of image quality ;)

Yeah, I'll still be playing it. I guess I could enjoy real high quality at the small res lol. The thing is though, today my monitor is acting like nothing is wrong. Yesterday the top portion was about 30-50% dimmer than the bottom portion and now its barely 5% dimmer. I don't get it, I adjusted the gamma some last night so maybe doing that kicked the top CFL back into gear. I dunno, so long as it keeps working I won't have to send it in. I'm hopeful I won't have to but I do have until June 15 for my warranty to expire lol.

I'm jealous of all you guys getting to play the game. Making me want it so bad lol.