Mass Effect 2 details??

_TheAlexO

Just wondering - especially since the game seems to have such a large amount of fans and a place in critics' hearts.

Would I enjoy the game?

I'm a huge fan of action RPG's and FPS's, so games like these would probably fit my liking, yet I didn't like Fallout 3, which is an amazing FPS/RPG. :\

Well, it has far more tactics than Fallout 3 does. You can position your squadmates to go exactly where you want, you can govern when they use their abilities and even what weapons to use. You're in control of it.. its kind of like, Rainbow Six meets Knights of the Old Republic. It has something for fans of Halo, fans of KotOR, fans of any RPG or FPS really. You can even let your squadmates do what they want while you're just shooting anything that moves. I've played it so many times haha.. 5 times on my 360, twice on my PC, I just can't get bored with it. I finally did a few side missions that I never attempted on any of my other playthroughs and they just built in more of the story and added to my experience even more.

My recommendation, get it. You won't be disappointed.

Well, it has far more tactics than Fallout 3 does. You can position your squadmates to go exactly where you want, you can govern when they use their abilities and even what weapons to use. You're in control of it.. its kind of like, Rainbow Six meets Knights of the Old Republic. It has something for fans of Halo, fans of KotOR, fans of any RPG or FPS really. You can even let your squadmates do what they want while you're just shooting anything that moves. I've played it so many times haha.. 5 times on my 360, twice on my PC, I just can't get bored with it. I finally did a few side missions that I never attempted on any of my other playthroughs and they just built in more of the story and added to my experience even more.

My recommendation, get it. You won't be disappointed.

Game comes out in two days. o.o

Probably talking about the first one. On the topic of the Mass Effect 2, I've heard some great things and some terrible things. On the bad side, I've heard that combat and equipment were simplified. On the good side, I've heard that overall it's really solid.

You said you never played the first one, I'm saying its so good that I've played it so many times. Play the first one, beat it, then get the second game. There will be many references to events that happened in the first game that if you jump in on the second, you won't know them and won't get a personalized tale.

You said you never played the first one, I'm saying its so good that I've played it so many times. Play the first one, beat it, then get the second game. There will be many references to events that happened in the first game that if you jump in on the second, you won't know them and won't get a personalized tale.

yes definitely play the first one before you play the second..

the story is so deep and detailed that i would never just hop in the middle of the trilogy.

also the choices you made in the first game effects what happens in the second game.

I never said that I didn't play the first. I played through about an hour of it and it just didn't keep me interested, and that's why I was wondering if the sequel had improved a lot.

Alright, I will admit I wasn't overly excited for this game until recently.. To be honest I have be kinda bored with a lot of the games that have come out in the past year. Not that they are bad games, but they just lacked a total WOW! factor and most have been things I have seen before... From what I have seen this game is getting pretty much perfect reviews across the board, which is kinda rare..

For those of you interested or are on the fence about ME2, IGN has released the review of it. A few days in advance (like they usually do for the big titles) but it is essentially heaped with praise. A 9.6 out of 10, a few technical issues (game crashes, stuck on enviroments, sound cutting out) but they weren't frequent enough to mar the experience. Looks like a clear winner to me. Cannot wait to get the game in my hands. Damn you school, cutting into my playing time!
http://pc.ign.com/articles/106/1063044p2.html

9.6 from IGN. They said it is better than the first in every way.

Can't Wait.

I already posted it. :P

But yeah, this game will surpass the first in practically every way. I'm real excited for it to come and arrive on my doorstep, but I can't really play it much since I have a fair amount of schoolwork to do this semester. I can say, my weekends are going to be spent entrenched in ME2 for a very long time to come lol. I think I played the first for a month straight after it launched before I even thought of putting it down.