Cool a cpu with toothpaste.

I recently posted about testing Dielectric Silicone as a TIM replacement. It worked great. CPU Temps of 33c-44c stock cooler mild overclock.

Over the next few days I am going to be testing more non thermal compounds to see if they work as well as this stuff.

I plan to test:

Toothpaste

Anti-seize

High Temp Grease

Peanut Butter

Grape Jelly

Lip Balm

Hair Paste

Chewing Gum

Liquid Antiperspirant

and any other strange goop I can think of. I am not financially or emotionally attached to this CPU so I will keep testing till it fries.

Any other suggestions will be considered, as long as everything suggested is at least plausible.

A new post will go up tomorrow if I finish with a full review of all the materials tested.

Edited by gabrieltessin

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol that made me laugh! never thought of it, but I guess nobody would know until someone tries it.

btw, don't believe anyone that mentions peanut butter...

I'd say go ahead and try Aluminum foil, or, if you can find some, gold foil.

I'd say go ahead and try Aluminum foil, or, if you can find some, gold foil.

I will definitely try peanut butter lol, not chunky though. Aluminum foil is also a good idea but methink potential for disaster so it will be last one tested.

Thanks for the imput! :thumbs-up:

OMG peanut butter please

Historical significance :lol:

Epicicity will ensue...

However it will probably burn, so do it last...

And if you have a digital camera that can take videos it is "A MUST" to record the whole peanut butter scene!!

:thumbs-up:

Epicicity will ensue...

However it will probably burn, so do it last...

And if you have a digital camera that can take videos it is "A MUST" to record the whole peanut butter scene!!

:thumbs-up:

Yeah I will definitely do it, I'll tape it too. But if anyone has any NEW ideas that would be awesome.

Honey?

Umm how bout less food stuffs. I thought of another, lip balm.

and honey might melt everywhere. well if thers anything left of it after peanut butter.

Anything that won't evaporate when hot will work fine. It's hilarious how much emphasis people put on the thermal paste they use when in reality it affects temps by less than 5 C or so in damn near every case. :lol:

I vote lube... as in

put it on you chick and put in your ***k

doubt water based would work at all but prolly a dumb idea then again i would love to see the peanutbutter.

and hey waco I forket out an extra 15$ or so bucks for my MX5, not much difference but to overclockers is it not every little thing counts.