Need Video Card Advice

soyuz

Its a fantastic card, but if you already own a 4870 or something along those lines its not worth upgrading too. But it does overclock very well if you want to have a go at that. It also can rival the GTX 285 which is sometimes double the price!

Great performance for a card that is almost in the Not so expensive range!

what resolution are you intending to to play games with it on?

The 4890 is expensive.

What resolution do you suggest? What do you think of the performance of 2 x 4830's or 1 x 4850?

placed on a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P MB and E8400cpu.

I'm not really a fan of going SLI / CF with a dual core processor as you won't see the same scaling as you would with a Quad core (mostly i7 - C2Q are still limited) so instead I would recommend one good card... like the 4890.

If the 4890 is too expensive, is the 4870 (1GB) more within your price range?

But if you want to try CF, look into the 4770s.

It's pretty hard to answer a question like "what do you think of X card?" I mean what can you say? "It's neat?"

Now if you were to say "What do you think of X card vs. Y card?" then that would be very different. Of if you were to state a budget, or what you have currently, or what games you play, or what resolution you intend to game at, or any number of things that would help too. But by itself, there's no really useful answer to your question.

It's neat! :P Sorry Verran couldn't resist. But I agree. All I can say is it is a solid performer, but if it seems too expensive, what is your budget? What resolution do you game at? What do you play?

It's neat! :P Sorry Verran couldn't resist. But I agree. All I can say is it is a solid performer, but if it seems too expensive, what is your budget? What resolution do you game at? What do you play?

I want to have overall gaming capability, play media entertainment and deal with daily chores.

The resolution I use is 1280x1024

What do you think of 2x 4770?

I want to have overall gaming capability, play media entertainment and deal with daily chores.

The resolution I use is 1280x1024

What do you think of 2x 4770?

If you're going to game at that resolution then two of ANY card is going to be overkill. A single 4770 will be more than enough.