Need Video Card Advice

soyuz

If you're going to game at that resolution then two of ANY card is going to be overkill. A single 4770 will be more than enough.

Well thats what I used on my old 19" screen with single agp 512 video card. I need a complete system upgrade but i dont know what new monitors advice.

What resolution is recommended with new 22-24" monitors? when multiple cards are used?

I am new to this :)

Well thats what I used on my old 19" screen with single agp 512 video card. I need a complete system upgrade but i dont know what new monitors advice.

What resolution is recommended with new 22-24" monitors? when multiple cards are used?

I am new to this :)

I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle :) The "recommended" resolution is always the highest one :)

On a forum like this, you're pretty much only going to see people talking about the MAX resolution on a monitor. Not many people choose to game at lower resolutions unless they just don't have the video firepower to go higher.

I don't mean to be condescending, but 1280x1024 is pretty old school, and it doesn't take much video power to play that well. So there's really no reason to get a big video card if that's what you're going to be gaming at. On the other hand, if you're looking for suggestions on NEW monitors, I'd say at this point you should be looking at a monitor that will do at least 1920 resolution (1920x1200 or 1920x1080, doesn't really matter IMO). That's sort of the new standard.

If you're looking for suggestions on NEW monitors, I'd say at this point you should be looking at a monitor that will do at least 1920 resolution (1920x1200 or 1920x1080, doesn't really matter IMO). That's sort of the new standard.

Will a 2 x 4770 improve the gaming experience playing at resolutions 1920x1200 or 1920x1080?

By the way what is the current top resolution for gaming?

Edited by soyuz

If you're looking for suggestions on NEW monitors, I'd say at this point you should be looking at a monitor that will do at least 1920 resolution (1920x1200 or 1920x1080, doesn't really matter IMO). That's sort of the new standard.

Will a 2 x 4770 improve the gaming experience playing at resolutions 1920x1200 or 1920x1080?

By the way what is the current top resolution for gaming?

2560x1600