• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree, except that now you don't have to use either

A) Extra paper plates, thus saving more trees

B) More water to wash dishes, thus saving natural resources

lol it's a nice concept...

But what is "Green" about it...? it all still goes in the trash when done albeit in smaller pieces....

I do like the idea though...

There!

I was expecting the box to be edible, but that works too.

Would you really eat an edible pizza box? One that was stacked in a pizza place getting dirty? One touched by the the delivery guy, maybe stuffed in a bag?

Edible containers just don't work.

You guys realize that most recycling places DO NOT take greasy card board...

And speaking of greasy cardboard, how well will those perforations hold up when the box is even a bit soggy?

And speaking of greasy cardboard, how well will those perforations hold up when the box is even a bit soggy?

I was wondering the same thing.

On your first point, you are correct...we don't even put pizza boxes in recycling, they go in the trash.

As for your second point, I don't know what kind of pizza you guys have, but I've never seen a box so soggy that it'd have an effect on perforations. We're not talking about paper here...cardboard is thick enough to withstand a little grease.

As for your second point, I don't know what kind of pizza you guys have, but I've never seen a box so soggy that it'd have an effect on perforations. We're not talking about paper here...cardboard is thick enough to withstand a little grease.
I was judging by the ease of the guy ripping up the box.

Any normal pizza box that I get I have to get a pair of scissors out to take the top off (the cardboard just rips off into pieces and I can't get it to rip along the perforation).

The box they're showing there looked like it easily ripped along he perforations which means that they are weaker than a normal pizza box's perforations...

I was judging by the ease of the guy ripping up the box.

Any normal pizza box that I get I have to get a pair of scissors out to take the top off (the cardboard just rips off into pieces and I can't get it to rip along the perforation).

The box they're showing there looked like it easily ripped along he perforations which means that they are weaker than a normal pizza box's perforations...

Normal pizza boxes don't have real perforations...not to the extent that this one does. That's why I'm saying that greasiness wouldn't affect it.