Which Card?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do plan on OCing the 260, but because its on Air cooling and I havn't seen any reports on the OCing abilites of the 260, I dont know how far I can OC it.

Im looking at getting the EVGA card that is already "Superclocked" (+ 50mhz core speed)

So, assuming the 260 can OC pretty good on Air cooling, get the 260?

I do plan on OCing the 260, but because its on Air cooling and I havn't seen any reports on the OCing abilites of the 260, I dont know how far I can OC it.

Im looking at getting the EVGA card that is already "Superclocked" (+ 50mhz core speed)

So, assuming the 260 can OC pretty good on Air cooling, get the 260?

nonsense, get the MSI 260, it's overclocked higher from factory and it's the cheapest around.

As for OC capable look at my 260, it started at 590mhz and you can see how far I got it. This has to be a stock 285 killer as it is now

What do you guys think of this GTX 260 card? XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition Video Card - 896MB DDR3

Just over $200 shipped

XFX GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition Video Card - 896MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0 x16, SLI Ready, (dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support, FREE Far Cry 2 Game

Price: $229.99

Less Rebate: - $30.00

Final Price: $199.99*

A couple dollars cheaper :P

The only reason Im actually thinking about getting the XFX card, is because of the warranty on top of the fact that its OCed more to begin with.

If I burn out the card from OCing, they will repair/replace it for FREE (for the lifetime of the card)

(XFX is 666MHz core & 2300MHz Memory compared to the MSI being 655MHz core & 2100MHz Memory)

From XFX's Website:

Here

Edited by DeathNote

The only reason Im actually thinking about getting the XFX card, is because of the warranty on top of the fact that its OCed more to begin with.

If I burn out the card from OCing, they will repair/replace it for FREE (for the lifetime of the card)

(XFX is 666MHz core & 2300MHz Memory compared to the MSI being 655MHz core & 2100MHz Memory)

Also, I found a review for this card on OCC's site, and they got the card to OC up to 740MHz core, and I know the mem was higher also, I cant remember what though. The only bad thing OCC had to say about this card was the sound, but in all hoesty, while your gaming, you hear your games, not your comp.

my 260 started at 590mhz and the shader and mem at stock settings from factory and you can see I've exceeded that black edition's limits. I would never buy a videocard over another because of lifetime warranty(though yes, mine has one, it just happened to be the best deal at the time), since I'll keep it for a maximum period of a year. So the MSI's 3 year limited warranty is alot more accomodating to me, I'm not going to keep it for a lifetime. I'm going to sell it to another person after it's short useful period of it's life is over and thus that extra money spent for that lifetime warranty is rendered useless now. If the card burns out prematurely, MSI will replace it just like any other company, just not for free after 3 years, but that's 3 years!

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-275

It costs 65 more than the cheapest GTX260 core 216 and 60 less than the cheapest GTX285 i could find. And considering its only a few FPS off a 285 i think its worth the money, Also i would expect it to overclock well aswell so all adds up to a very good price/performance ratio.