Top Third-Person Shooters of All-Time

ClayMeow

I'm beginning to think you people don't read what I write in the first post and just assume you know the rules based on the other polls :P
*sigh*

I'm beginning to think you are correct...

:D

redited

The one you replaced it with is the exact game I used in an example of one that does NOT count. lol.

I'm beginning to think you people don't read what I write in the first post and just assume you know the rules based on the other polls :P

After reading the OP all the way through, I can include myself in that group and answer my question about splinter cell haha.

1: Mafia

2: GTA:SA

3: Splinter Cell

4: Hitman II

5: Hitman Blood Money

Edit* Forgot about Mafia and GTA so my list has changed.

Edited by SMeeD

Everything I see about Parasite Even says it's an RPG. I've never played the game, so I'll take your word for it if you say it's a shooter, but I'll give you a chance to change it if you indeed made a mistake.

Parasite Eve is as much of a third person shooter as the early Resident Evil games are.

1: Resident Evil (PS1 Original)

2: Hellgate: London

3: GTA III

4: GTA Vice City

Does HG:L count? I honestly don't know what to call that. IIRC you can play first person or third, but I always played third. I can't think of a fifth because I don't play many of these, but I'll edit if I think of one or see one on someone else's that I'd forgotten.

Does HG:L count? I honestly don't know what to call that. IIRC you can play first person or third, but I always played third. I can't think of a fifth because I don't play many of these, but I'll edit if I think of one or see one on someone else's that I'd forgotten.

Clay didn't count WoW for someone so I'm guessing he won't count HG:L either.

Everything I see about Parasite Even says it's an RPG. I've never played the game, so I'll take your word for it if you say it's a shooter, but I'll give you a chance to change it if you indeed made a mistake.

Its like an rpg but with guns, action,and a good story, almost like a resident evil/silent hill game if memory serves me right, I played it so long ago. Ill replace it with splinter cell 1 though to be on the safe side.

I am not a huge Third person fan, but the few that I have played the one that really comes to mind as one I have really enjoyed is Gears of War...

You could consider Fallout 3 a Third person shooter as well depending on how you play :-P, I play it in first person however so thus it dosen't count for me hehe...

I guess the reason I am not a huge fan is because it doesn't really bring the illusion of immersion into the game, which I think is what a game is all about. To kinda pretend that your in this game universe.

Then again I do play WoW which is a third person game with first person cameras. But wow is a drug anyways so....

Edited by greengiant912

Jet Force Gemini (N64 - I have the ROM for the PC ... but guessing you won't allow this one sadly)

Freedom Fighters (2003 was a long time ago!)

Max Payne

Hitman: Blood Money

Splinter Cell

That's fine. I have these polls in the "Gaming: PC" category simply because there's no general gaming category and I think we've all played games on our PCs at one point or another. However, that doesn't exclude console games from the poll...and we've had a few of those in other polls (eg. Goldeneye)

Parasite Eve is as much of a third person shooter as the early Resident Evil games are.
That's cool...just wanted to make sure...like I said, I never played it.

1: Resident Evil (PS1 Original)

2: Hellgate: London

3: GTA III

4: GTA Vice City

HG:L doesn't count, not because of the perspective, but because it's not a shooter. It doesn't rely on twitch skills, it relies on skill points and weapon accuracy, rather than your own accuracy. Save that one for the Action-RPG poll, or I'd even accept it for the MMO poll.

Its like an rpg but with guns, action,and a good story, almost like a resident evil/silent hill game if memory serves me right, I played it so long ago. Ill replace it with splinter cell 1 though to be on the safe side.
You can change it back. I trust you guys :D

I am not a huge Third person fan, but the few that I have played the one that really comes to mind as one I have really enjoyed is Gears of War...

You could consider Fallout 3 a Third person shooter as well depending on how you play :-P, I play it in first person however so thus it dosen't count for me hehe...

I guess the reason I am not a huge fan is because it doesn't really bring the illusion of immersion into the game, which I think is what a game is all about. To kinda pretend that your in this game universe.

Fallout 3 is not a third-person shooter, nor a first-person shooter, it's an RPG. Your damage and accuracy is determined by your skills/perks. Like HG:L, it's one of the closest RPGs to providing the shooter experience because there is some aiming involved, but you can still be aimed directly on the enemy and miss because of the background dice rolls not being in your favor. Save Fallout 3 for the Traditional RPG poll.

I'm sorry for making this so complicated guys, but I'm just trying to do my best to keep the polls as accurate as possible.