Good grades = car

Onion

20K+ for a Hyundai? nty. Just like the new Saturns....just...can't...do it lol

Should check them out, Hyundai has turned around alot... for 22k base model you get

- 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder Engine w/Dual CVVT

- Electronic Stability Control with Traction Control System

Anti-lock Brake System with Electronic Brake-force Distribution and Brake Assist

- Sport-tuned suspension with strut brace

- Tire Pressure Monitoring System

- Front, side, side air curtain air bags

- Active front head restraints

- Driver’s lumbar support

- Trip computer

- Manual A/C

- Metalgrain and chrome interior accents

- Keyless entry system

- Leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift knob

- Power windows, door locks, & mirrors

- AM/FM/XM/CD Player

- USB/iPod/Aux jack connectivity

- Steering wheel audio controls

- Cruise control

- Auto light control

- Bluetooth connectivity

6 speed manual or 6 speed automatic with paddle shifter

10 year/100.000 mile warranty

Edited by SeV.o3 TwiZZler

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh I will more than likely never buy any new car. New cars are one of the worst investments you can make.

While new cars lose a part of it's value when driven off the lot, it does have it's good sides. Especially if your a neat freak that can't stand scratches and stuff. When you buy used, you buy as is. So any problems or damage it comes with it's all on you. Some people feel more secure knowing their the only person that has owned the car too. Plus when you buy used sometimes things are going on with it that you may not know about until it craps out on you. On the other hand new has it's downsides like higher insurance, value lost, etc etc

But we all have our own opinions :)

Hey I've been driving for a few months with my restricted in a rather powerful car and not a single scratch or anything.

HA HAH AHA HA HA

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

HAAAAA HA HA HA HA HAA!

Ahem. I've been driving for close to three years now, and I'll be the first to say that I've got a lot to learn, and have learned tons in those couple of years. Driving is an art. You can draw a few shapes without much practice, but it takes years to create a masterpiece. A couple of months? At that point I was getting to the point of actually being comfortable driving again after rolling a van (there was a thread here on OCC about that).

Kash, driving a manual becomes second nature fairly quickly. Two hours and I was shifting automatically.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

JUst be like my kid and be indifferent to the whole thing and end up with a nice late model Mustang convertible for your 16th birthday.

Then have Dad relive his youth vicariously through him and give it the normal hop up goodies spend a grand updating the rims and tires and full on sound system that can be heard 3 blocks away. Then walk away shaking your head asking just what the heck did I do...muttering something about being spoiled rotten.

Meh if you're too tired to shift a manual you shouldn't be behind the wheel anyways. Plus manuals get better gas mileage.

I do agree here! The only people that drive automatics in Germany/Europe are delivery drivers or people that drive >100,000km's a year. Now that's a LOT of driving!

Or maybe it has more to do with the fact that some of us lead hectic lives and try to minimize stress in as many other areas of our lives as possible. Manual was fun when I was 18, but I'm not a kid anymore and driving a manual would drive me crazy right now.

Seriously, shifting is not a pain? What is it with you US wusses? Shifting does become second nature like someone already said, it's not exactly hard and definitely does NOT put stress into your life... You must be some sorta Emo person for a manual to put stress in your life :lol:

Some of you automatic freaks should come and take a ride on German streats, literally every car is a manual! You don't find many automatic rentals here either, so either you get into a manual, or no Autobahn for you :lol:

Automatics would make me fall asleep if I was driving long distances... Seriously, what is it with todays lazy drivers? Slap the automatic into D, turn on the cruise control, buy lane assistant for the car and then snooze off behind the wheel? :rolleyes:

It's fine driving manual. I do about 20'000 miles a year in a manual, and it's no bother. I've been driving 6 years in a manual and only a few weeks ago did I have my first problem - a dozy lady drove into me while stationary :lol:

My old SVT was great with the 6-speed manual - cruising at 50mph in 6th, drop 3 gears to overtake 4 or 5 (or 6) cars, bam! Doing about 95 in no time :) I don't know of any fully automatic boxes that will drop the equivalent of three gears.

But then those sort of moves are stupid and I wouldn't ever suggest it until you have 3 or 4 years solid experience. I've driven over 70'000 miles to date in life :)

Here, if you get your license in an automatic, you are not legally allowed to drive manual until you re-sit your test in one. However, pass in a manual, and you can drive auto no problem by law.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned car insurance costs for a 16 year old male driver. If kids are such good drivers then why are insurance rates heavily loaded against them until their late 20's? Especially single males.

Leet, just get a really l337 skateboard and save your parents tons of cash and mental suffering!

I am surprised nobody has mentioned car insurance costs for a 16 year old male driver. If kids are such good drivers then why are insurance rates heavily loaded against them until their late 20's? Especially single males.

Well considering he's being given a new car at 16 I don't think money is a problem in his family.

Well considering he's being given a new car at 16 I don't think money is a problem in his family.

On the contrary...I'd say money is his problem. ;)

Or maybe it has more to do with the fact that some of us lead hectic lives and try to minimize stress in as many other areas of our lives as possible. Manual was fun when I was 18, but I'm not a kid anymore and driving a manual would drive me crazy right now.

Shifting = Stress?

:lol:

If shifting a transmission is gonna push you over the edge, you might want to loosen up your workload a tad. :)

I love driving stick and in the last two cars I bought I made it very clear to the dealers that I would not even consider an autotragic transmission. It just sucks all the fun right out of the motor. The only reason I'd switch is if I ever get a job that puts me in bumper-to-bumper traffic for significant amounts of time everyday. I don't see that happening. Driving stick is fun and easy. Anyone who says it's not easy never tried. After a few weeks of doing it every day, you don't even have to think about it anymore. You don't even know you're doing it.

As for these manu-matic deals... eh. I've tried them all, and they're all junk. If it's not DSG, you can keep it and I'll keep my clutch pedal. Everyone says the "tiptronic" in the VW/Audis is great, and it's not. Even my dad's 325i had it and I hated it. I never used it. Whenever I ride with people who use it, it just seems so silly. I just think "Hey, is that Mario Andretti sitting in the driver's seat? Cuz we're racing now!" :P:rolleyes: The delays between hitting the shifters and actually shifting are intolerable for me. Besides, it's nothing you can't do with good throttle control in normal auto-mode.