ARMA II

GlimmerMan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome stuff, I wasn't even aware of this.

Nice pics too, hopefully it's more than just fancy graphics.

I find it too common for games today that are more about graphics and less about gameplay/plot.

It's basically as close as possible to a civilian military simulator. The other version of this game (called VBS) costs about $1500 and is used to train various militaries throughout the world (U.S., Australia etc).

If you like realistic military games and are a bit over the whole "run 'n' gun" type games then this is for you. It's the kind of game where a single mission can take many hours and you could play for half an hour without firing a single shot and then suddenly your hit out of no where and the mission ends. It's a lot slower paced than your averafe CoD4, CS:S.

This game looks amazing! I was told the first on was a disappointment because sometimes you could finish a mission, come back to your base and find it was destroyed, so lets hope this one is better.

I am really getting tired of fast paced games, so this will be nice :)

Looks cool. The TrackIR5 looks like a pretty sweet gadget, but for $150 I'll pass. Any clue if the story mode will have co-op?

The smoke looks really out of place IMO. The rest of the game looks pretty good though.

Still no release date, but since people are saying soon. I'm hoping this year. Thanks for the info, I'll pass on this game to my friends.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I have a feeling this is going to put a hurtin' on my system but I hope it plays as fun as it looks. If I really got into the game I think I would pick up the trackIR. That video sold me.

Just to update you all, EU release date is June 26th, but I'm not sure about the US (you can download the EU version anyway, it's exactly the same).

Yes there is a coop campaign!!

A few recent water pics (massive improvement since arma 1):

bahnak_small.jpg

bahnak2_small.jpg

PrigorodkiVDesti_small.jpg

PrigorodkiVDesti2_small.jpg

PrigorodkiPoDesti_small.jpg

more_small.jpg

BTW, they said that a lot of the foilage in the lakes are not final and will be redone to look a bit more natural.

ARMA 2 is done by the original devs that made Operation Flashpoint and is supposed to be the direct successor to that.

Operation Flashpoint 2(the name of which is owned by Codemasters) is due out around the same time.

If any of you have played the Operation Flashpoint series...you'll want to play both of these.

ARMA 2 is done by the original devs that made Operation Flashpoint and is supposed to be the direct successor to that.

Operation Flashpoint 2(the name of which is owned by Codemasters) is due out around the same time.

If any of you have played the Operation Flashpoint series...you'll want to play both of these.

Actually, OFP: Dragon Rising (aka OFP2) has been delayed until fall i think. So.. not till the end of the year unfortunately :(