ARMA II

GlimmerMan

DL'ing the full game on Steam. I played the demo a bit but I was really put off by the lack of AA. I cant stand playing games without it, eve if I have to turn down the settings to use it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DL'ing the full game on Steam. I played the demo a bit but I was really put off by the lack of AA. I cant stand playing games without it, eve if I have to turn down the settings to use it.
The demo has AA options in the menu, so it will probably be in the next patch.

Not liking this game much either. Voice overs sound like robots and an annoying teenager. All of these realistic like FPS never seem have to really smooth controls like CoD 4 or CS:S. A lot to learn into playing this game. Teammate AI is useless. They are only good for calling out targets. They can't aim, and they take forever to get to you to heal. Seem to have an issue with trying to heal downed teammates. Stand over them but only see an option to drag and not first aid. Even when holding down space bar.

Gonna take a break from it for now. Wonder how much that patch helps the game or not.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I'll try the demo, first 2 pages of this thread had my pumped, the last 2 turned me off a bit.

What I like when I see this game is that it reminds me of Delta Force 2, big open areas and large objectives. I loved that about DF2 and hopefully this will recreate those fun times. If I feel nostalgic playing it then I will probably buy it, even if the controls are not as smooth as CoD4.

I'll try the demo, first 2 pages of this thread had my pumped, the last 2 turned me off a bit.

What I like when I see this game is that it reminds me of Delta Force 2, big open areas and large objectives. I loved that about DF2 and hopefully this will recreate those fun times. If I feel nostalgic playing it then I will probably buy it, even if the controls are not as smooth as CoD4.

As smooth?

That suggests that they are smooth.

Hey I know,, lets make a shooter but lets mess with all the controls and everything so that its hard to play,

I am not at all impressed so far

Why do these guys try to reinvent something that works well,, why not just take what we have with the current shooters and build upon it,,,, its like they are trying to start from scratch and just ignoring what is working well in this catagory

Edited by feetfats

Why do these guys try to reinvent something that works well,, why not just take what we have with the current shooters and build upon it,,,, its like they are trying to start from scratch and just ignoring what is working well in this catagory
It's a military simulator, not really a traditional shooter, and I would never really recommend someone looking for a shooter to try ArmA. /2 cents.

It's a military simulator, not really a traditional shooter, and I would never really recommend someone looking for a shooter to try ArmA. /2 cents.

I can understand that,,, but i still dont know why they need to wreck some of the things that work so well

I can understand that,,, but i still dont know why they need to wreck some of the things that work so well

because the things that "work so well" are there to make the game easier to play, rather than to make it more realistic which is what A2 is going for.