You Call That A Knife?

Turophiliac

I can promise you if a peace officer pulled you over with that knife in your car, you'd probably get arrested unless you had a damn good reason to be carrying it, and "I open cardboard boxes at work" wouldn't fly for a 6 inch knife.
I doubt that would actually happen, well maybe in Liberafornia.

But I don't "get" arrested until I'm told what law I'm breaking...

:)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Indiana we can't carry a knife "legally" with a blade longer than 3". Which really is no big deal considering 3" is almost perfect for the everyday uses of an ordinary pocket kinfe. But don't worry as a weapons collector I do have some much much larger. ;)

NC doesn't have a specific length law... but my city does... 3" <_<

I vote illegal unless you live out in the middle of nowhere. Check here for reference:

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/USKnife.pdf

Nice Knife...

But I can't help cracking up; because it makes me recall that classic scene from "Crocodile Dundee":

Dundee is from the real Outback. He has never been to NYC let alone any big city...

lol that's exactly where the title came from! +1 for observation!

wow, I didn't expect this to become some kind of discussion about knife laws or thinking i'm better than someone else... I just posted about the new toy I got. I realize a 6" knife isn't going to be more practical than a 3 or 4" blade, but obviously I didn't buy it to be practical... It adds something to my collection I didn't previously have. anyway, p8baller, you do realize that part of the penal code applies to "public meetings" right? and how they occur in a "state or local public building."

Edited by Turophiliac

Do you have a tendency to get attacked by random people? Or is it something with you Americans? Why even have this blade! :blink:

I don't think the majority of people who carry around knifes do it for self defense.

Most people who carry around a knife use it for utility purposes like in there job or if there everyday tasks require a lot of things that have to be cut.

I don't see a problem with carrying around a small utility knife for everyday tasks but carrying a knife with a large blade like that your just asking for trouble if something bad happens.