You Call That A Knife?

Turophiliac

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not carry around a nice multitool instead, like what Celt said? Honestly, knives are so ridiculously easy to defend against, it's not even funny. At least you have the advantage of distance with a gun. With a knife, chances are it'll wind up right back inside your abdomen or in your arm if the person you're attacking knows what they're doing.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

Wow....where i'm from....most people carry one....not because we plan on stabbing someone but just because. Especially swiss army ones...or leatherman...etc

yeah, but swiss army knives don't have 5" blades :P

Why not carry around a nice multitool instead, like what Celt said? Honestly, knives are so ridiculously easy to defend against, it's not even funny. At least you have the advantage of distance with a gun. With a knife, chances are it'll wind up right back inside your abdomen or in your arm if the person you're attacking knows what they're doing.

lol. The average person would use a knife in defense...not for attacking. Defending with a knife is better than bare handed, especially if you know what you're doing.

And if the person attacking you knows what he's doing, expect a nice new hole in your illeum. And if you know what you're doing with your bare hands, it's very easy to move a confrontation into your favor. But hey, movies and fat cop magazines look cooler.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

That seems extraordinarily inconvenient for anything besides showing off. That's really the only use I can see for it. I don't see how it offers any advantage over a blade around half its size and it seems like it'd just be too bulky to carry regularly. Seriously, just order a broadsword or something and get it over with :rolleyes:

I certainly can't quote CA law to you (or even MI for that matter), but I have to believe that if a cop ever found that on you you'd be in some very deep poop.

That seems extraordinarily inconvenient for anything besides showing off. That's really the only use I can see for it. I don't see how it offers any advantage over a blade around half its size and it seems like it'd just be too bulky to carry regularly.
I know what you mean, I actually lost my knife due to it being too bulky...

:ph34r:

A large knife gets lost just as quick as a small (mini) one.