Need A New Hobby.

Gr4vitas

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit the Gym! If you're in school they probably have one you can use cheap.

It will make you more sharp mentally, and you can get addicted to it too- in a good way!

Not mention the fact that it will up your dating potential or please your mate, and you'll feel better about yourself too.

It's a win-win! :)

I'm in for electrical engineering. Join ROTC if they have it. That will eat you time like no other. Or as others have suggested go to the gym! spend an hour there a night and it will greatly benefit you.

You could also do shooting as has been suggested but that is also very expensive. Although you could get into .22lr fairly cheap (get a savage mark II FV bolt rifle and a Bushnell elite 3200 10x32 scope for about 430$ all together)

There is also photography. You don't need a fancy SLR or stuff like that to get into it ( It gets very expensive.... i've spent 2300 on lenses)

I'm in for electrical engineering. Join ROTC if they have it. That will eat you time like no other. Or as others have suggested go to the gym! spend an hour there a night and it will greatly benefit you.

You could also do shooting as has been suggested but that is also very expensive. Although you could get into .22lr fairly cheap (get a savage mark II FV bolt rifle and a Bushnell elite 3200 10x32 scope for about 430$ all together)

There is also photography. You don't need a fancy SLR or stuff like that to get into it ( It gets very expensive.... i've spent 2300 on lenses)

Honestly, please don't go all the way with ROTC unless you really want it. I get so tired of Butterbars at Ft. McCoy :(. However, the first two years involves no commitment, it should be fun.

For a hobby, lots of things. Learn a new language (and sub/scanlate anime/manga :D), buy a bike, or be even cooler: buy something like a dual sport motorcycle and start checking out your local dirt bike trails. Or get a street bike such as an EX-500, and start exploring the backroads of your area. Though the startup cost is pretty bad with that, worse than shooting.*

*Though shooting is still very fun.

Well you could play an instrument. The guitar's a fun one, and will actually impress chicks, unlike WoW! (Unless they're into that sort of stuff...) I also play chess, do some archery, throw darts when I'm upset, and watch MASH. All of these keep me occupied well enough that I don't study as much as I should.

Mountain biking is so much fun! Get a bike and just ride around, it's lots of fun. Plus it'll get you in shape. I race mountain bikes and it's awesome.... until you wipe out and get rocks buried in your skin (don't do that, it sucks).