Charter Ftw

Phil

I couldn't get in to my Charter account last night, so I started an online chat with support. A guy comes on, I tell him my problem, he asks for my info, I give it.

He says "give me the password you want to use for the account"

I say "make it 'password', I'll change it as soon as I get in"

He says, "OK, but not 'password', I'll go work up a default password and be right back"

He comes back, "your password is '12345678'"

WOW! That's freaking GENIUS! I don't think I'll even change it, that's virtually uncrackable! :lol::lol:

And I wanted to go with "password", how embarrassing. <_< :lol:

Things like this don't surprise me that much, especially if it was from Charter.

I can't tell you how many times I had trouble with those idiots("idiots" being a kind word here) getting my account straight.

One example was that for a few months last summer I had my service interupted constantly because my account was past due even though I had receipts showing it was not.

It turned out they had the wrong account number somehow, to this day I am still unsure how it got so messed up.

Avoid Charter like the plague.

It could be that the system does not allow the use of "password", so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the guy for being a douche. As a programmer, I can tell you it's very easy to block something from being used, so Charter may have "password" blocked, and I could understand why, not just from a "wow, that's an easy password to crack" standpoint, but depending on their programmers, they may not have wanted the password variable to be defined as "password" just in case their queries suck.

It could be that the system does not allow the use of "password", so I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the guy for being a douche. As a programmer, I can tell you it's very easy to block something from being used, so Charter may have "password" blocked, and I could understand why, not just from a "wow, that's an easy password to crack" standpoint, but depending on their programmers, they may not have wanted the password variable to be defined as "password" just in case their queries suck.

That may well be the case, and the guy was actually quite helpful. I just thought that it was funny that the guy would go away for a "default password" and come back with one his little sister would have made up. :P