Ebay/paypal Policies Bull**** = Scammers Delight

Rokkaholik

Sadly, it doesn't matter what you specify, PayPal will still lock up your account until the dispute is settled.

I also just noticed that he didn't even contact me within the 7 days I sepcified for returns/refunds, but again, my specifications mean nothing to ebay/paypal...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it doesn't matter what you specify, PayPal will still lock up your account until the dispute is settled.

I also just noticed that he didn't even contact me within the 7 days I sepcified for returns/refunds, but again, my specifications mean nothing to ebay/paypal...

Canceling them next, never like the idea of the being connected in anyway to my bank account...

this just happened to me the other day, i sold a video card and a week later the guy said i sent it to the wrong address but it was what it said it paypal. i said it was his fault and no refunds. after a few emails he tried to dispute a claim which i stated that the you gave the wrong address and it was in no way my fault. paypal looked at the claim and threw it out once i gave the tracking number that showed it went to the right address.

why do people try to scam.

this just happened to me the other day, i sold a video card and a week later the guy said i sent it to the wrong address but it was what it said it paypal. i said it was his fault and no refunds. after a few emails he tried to dispute a claim which i stated that the you gave the wrong address and it was in no way my fault. paypal looked at the claim and threw it out once i gave the tracking number that showed it went to the right address.

why do people try to scam.

Also why I'll ONLY ship to confirmed addressess!!!! B:) At least PayPal will cover you in situations like that. I've had people ask to have things sent somewhere else, but I kindly refer them to the PayPal protection on my part. 99% understand, but I have had a few ###### and complain about it.

To me, the rewards outweigh the risks, it's why I use eBay still.

I have had items that would garner less at hock shops or on certain forums than eBay.

To each his own, but yeah there are alot of boneheads on eBay, same goes for every other store/retailer.

I've maintained a 100% rating on eBay.

Either deal with it or don't bother, your choice. B:)

Edited by Kingfisher

Updated Info In First Post :glare:

Update 02-17-09

Well... I got the motherboard back from the buyer, and these supposed singe marks are nowhere to be seen. It is indeed the same Mobo I sent him. I put it on my spare power supply and sure enough, the green ready light that he said would NOT come on, came on perfectly.

I then brought the Mobo upstairs to my backup PC, which is a Dell E510 with a P4-HT, and upon install, it booted perfectly, and went straight to the Windows screen without a problem. I took pics of the entire process.

This where it gets "interesting"

PayPal had locked up my account because of the buyers claim. I had some purchases to make a few days ago, so I had to get my account back to ZERO, so after talking with their rep about doing it, I was told to add funds from my account so they could put them into holding until the dispute was resolved. I even made sure to ask him if the case was decided in my favor, if I'd get the funds back along with the fees I had incurred due to the dispute. He assured me that if I had won, then the buyer would have to send me shipping again so I could send the mobo back. So guess what... I sent the funds.

Stupid me...

I contacted PayPal with my findings on the motherboard and explained to them that it was working and I had the PROOF along with the pics. I asked where to send the pics to the dispite resolution people and the rep basically told me that as long as I have the motherboard back and it's working, I have a resellable item, so the case was going to be closed and the buyer would be refunded.

Needless to say, I went off on her...

I got the run around for the next 15 minutes about how it's their policy to side with the buyer when the item is returned to the seller. I told her next time that I would NOT be sending any funds to them, and would lock up my account with them. She then said that PayPal has the capability to force the transaction with my bank if necessary. I asked how that was possible if there was no funds to be taken, because I could take care of that faster than she could put in the "force". It's as easy as a call to my bank and locking any/all PayPal transactions from withdrawing. It went on and on for another 10 minutes until she sent me to an ebay rep, to file a Fee claim to get my listing fees back.

After explaining the situation to that rep, I then got the runaround from the ebay rep about feedback. The buyer can still NEG me, even if he was in the wrong, and the rep said that they cannot legally change the feedback. "Legally"? It's your site isn't it? What's "Law" have to do with it? He was trying to be nice about it, and I do know his hands are tied because he's only an employee. I could tell he understood my side as well, so I'll give him that...

I was able to file a buyer complaint that'll go on his record just in case he has other returns and they see a pattern, but we all know where that'll go. I got my fees back as well, and now have to relist. Ebay MAKES sellers display a PayPal thing in all auctions now, but I'm not taking PayPal again for this auction, no matter what they say. Here's the pics of the working Mobo:

IMG_8001.jpg

Notice the working green light?

IMG_8002.jpg

Service Tag and Express Service code on the Mobo

IMG_8012.jpg

Booting up

IMG_8015.jpg

Booted up

IMG_8016.jpg

Edited by Rokkaholik

Situations like this are the reasons why I always state that all sales are final; you always gotta watch out for those crafty scammers.

WRONG!!! lol... Hate to tell ya, but I tried directing the PayPal rep to my auction terms as well, and she came right out and said, that PayPal and Ebay policy overrides any statements you make in your auctions. So, in essence, the buyer has you bent over <_<

True indeed... As long as they got THIER money, they could care less about you... And rumor has it that ebay will go to PayPal ONLY soon as well. No money orders, personal checks, etc... But remember, it's ALL for the buyers protection.... Suddenly, my butt hurts...

Edited by Rokkaholik

I've never had problems with buyers, but did get screwed by a seller once. Bought some comic books, paid, and the seller never shipped them. Numerous emails were ignored so I contacted paypal and they told me the seller had no funds in his account so there was nothing they could do. Ebay was of no help either so I contacted my credit card company and requested a charge back.

Oh... Forgot to add... Aparently, it's ok for a buyer to have what PayPal and ebay call "Buyers Remorse". They said that buying on ebay is no different than buying in a store, and buyers can return things if they decide they don't want it, or decide they can't afford it, etc...

I then asked the rep about the terms they seem to have used in the past regarding to "Legally binding contract", and then she sounded stumped, and reverted back to the Buyers Remorse thing... :rolleyes:

Edited by Rokkaholik