Ebay/paypal Policies Bull**** = Scammers Delight

Rokkaholik

The last time I put up a posting saying no e-cheques the listing was taken down. It's apparently against the rules to refuse e-cheques via paypal and if it's spotted the listing will be removed.

Cheers

Paul

really?

I've never had an issue with my listings.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand you cannot refuse a paypal credit card payment if you list paypal as an accepted form of payment or place their logo in your listing. The reason I don't like e-checks is because someone tried to pay for an item with an e-check and it kept being delayed for several weeks because there was not enough funds in his account. I was a nice guy though and didn't cause a fuss. Since then I state " no e-checks". It has been a while since I sold anything. Maybe policy has changed.

I only take PayPal because I've had it in the past where the buyer took over 3 weeks to send me the damn money. He kept saying that I gave him the wrong address. BUT... I kept all the SENT e-mails and the one he returned to me saying it was the wrong address was altered. I think he just bought before he had his paycheck.

As for the NO RETURNS bologna, Paypal doesn't care what you have listed in your auction for a return or not, they'll lock up your funds or account anyway. Seen it, experienced it, etc...

My usual ebay disclosure:

Please Read the following Simple Rules Prior To Bidding.

1) I only accept PAYPAL as Payment. Please do not win and then ask for other options.

2) I ship to Confirmed PayPal addressess only. If you don

What happened with rok is pretty common on ebay where the customer buys something and claims it has a problem and send an identical item back but not the one you sold. I've seen this happen with cpu's before where people buy a cpu and claim it was DOA and send it back but it's a different stepping than the one the seller sold to the buyer. If I sell any motherboard, cpu, HDD, etc etc etc I always make sure to state NO REFUNDS, cause people can easily try to bamboozle you with an identical item and send it back out to you. If a buyer claims, "Oh I never saw that on the desciption of the item" I really think thats total BS. How can you spend hundreds of dollars on ebay and not know what the hell your buying or what to expect :bah::rolleyes:

BTW rok do you mind if I borrow that for my ebay auctions lol, WELL SAID!!

Rokkaholik

Very well written and to the point. Do you mind if I use an edited version on my next ebay listing?

Cheers

Paul

Go for it... That's been refined and refined again with every idiot I've dealt with on ebay through the years. Sure I've had an overall POSITIVE experience on ebay, but still the same, there's an idiot or scammer in every bunch. That goes for BOTH sides of the ebay world, Buyers and Sellers.

What happened with rok is pretty common on ebay where the customer buys something and claims it has a problem and send an identical item back but not the one you sold. I've seen this happen with cpu's before where people buy a cpu and claim it was DOA and send it back but it's a different stepping than the one the seller sold to the buyer. If I sell any motherboard, cpu, HDD, etc etc etc I always make sure to state NO REFUNDS, cause people can easily try to bamboozle you with an identical item and send it back out to you. If a buyer claims, "Oh I never saw that on the desciption of the item" I really think thats total BS. How can you spend hundreds of dollars on ebay and not know what the hell your buying or what to expect :bah::rolleyes:

BTW rok do you mind if I borrow that for my ebay auctions lol, WELL SAID!!

I won't know if it's switched or not until I get it. As I said, I had it up and running for about 3 hours right before I listed it.

Sadly, when you sell ANYTHING on ebay, you don't know what kind of experience the person on the other end has, especially when it comes to electronics or PC equipment. These people blow something up because they have no clue, and they'll not even know they did anything wrong to begin with, and assume you sold them a bad part, when in turn, it's their own fault.

I do understand that PayPal as well as ebay is in a tough position as they cannot confirm either sides story in situations such as this. The only real proof is in the sellers documentation and pics, and even then, the seller sometimes get screwed

All one can do is try to protect themselves in any/every way possible, or not sell on ebay.

I dont have time to mess with the bad apples, I will just throw the stuff in the shed. Life is to short for all that BS...

Why don't you just make a list of items you'd like to sell and I'm sure many of us would take some of that off your hands...

I won't know if it's switched or not until I get it. As I said, I had it up and running for about 3 hours right before I listed it.

Sadly, when you sell ANYTHING on ebay, you don't know what kind of experience the person on the other end has, especially when it comes to electronics or PC equipment. These people blow something up because they have no clue, and they'll not even know they did anything wrong to begin with, and assume you sold them a bad part, when in turn, it's their own fault.

I do understand that PayPal as well as ebay is in a tough position as they cannot confirm either sides story in situations such as this. The only real proof is in the sellers documentation and pics, and even then, the seller sometimes get screwed

All one can do is try to protect themselves in any/every way possible, or not sell on ebay.

Lesson learned.. If i sell any of my pc parts on ebay im making sure to specify there are no refunds... I will specifically say if it arrives DOA then it wasn't DOA before I sent it and to claim shipping insurance. Hell maybe wut he got was DOA and was damaged in transit... happens sometimes too I'm afraid.. but from the looks of it hes trying to swap with something identical looking... If you got pics of the S/N on the board tho I don't think he'll be able to pull it off.