Ebay/paypal Policies Bull**** = Scammers Delight

Rokkaholik

I've never had problems with buyers, but did get screwed by a seller once. Bought some comic books, paid, and the seller never shipped them. Numerous emails were ignored so I contacted paypal and they told me the seller had no funds in his account so there was nothing they could do. Ebay was of no help either so I contacted my credit card company and requested a charge back.

Yes, there are scammers on both sides of the fence. It's just too bad that PayPal and Ebay won't actually take the time to look into it to find out which is which. I've been on the recieving end of scammers on both sides. It's usually worked out in my favor until about 6 months ago when ebay changed their feedback policy to where sellers couldn't NEG the buyers for being scammers.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked into the usernames feedback and it's all good, so it's not like they have a history of bad transactions. It seems like he buys and sells many PC's as well as parts too, so I have no clue as to why they couldn't install a motherboard properly

http://myworld.ebay.com/scifei72

Edited by Rokkaholik

By the way, thanks for listening to my little rant... If anything, I hope some of you found it somewhat informative and it'll help you somehow cover your butts, even IF evilbay and PayScam make it extremely hard to do so.

Even after this, I've still had an overall good experience with ebay and PayPal. For almost 1200 transactions I've had, I can only say I've had 10 or so that went south thanks to scammers. For those ebayers who've never had a problem, I contratulate you and hope it stays that way, and for those who've been on the recieving end of a scammer, I sympathize with ya because I've been in the same boat a few times :(

I tried once to sell my laptop on ebay, 3 times it was bought by different users with 0 feedback, and they wanted me to send it without them paying, 3 times though in the space of like 2 days, I eventually made the listing immediate payment required, i only got one of the 3 listing fees back though <_<

Oh... Forgot to add... Aparently, it's ok for a buyer to have what PayPal and ebay call "Buyers Remorse". They said that buying on ebay is no different than buying in a store, and buyers can return things if they decide they don't want it, or decide they can't afford it, etc...

I then asked the rep about the terms they seem to have used in the past regarding to "Legally binding contract", and then she sounded stumped, and reverted back to the Buyers Remorse thing... :rolleyes:

If that is true then that is ridiculous.

Shame on eBay for such jackassery...

If that is true then that is ridiculous.

Shame on eBay for such jackassery...

Last I remember, it was an AUCTION SITE, and is supposed to be conducted as any regular auction. I can't remember the last time I was at a physical auction, where you could return things as you pleased.