Official Occ Kill Count

Agallion

1 mobo: a Shuttle KT266a. Broke part of the AGP clip off, and made it crash on one of my games. Now it's in my parents machine, which is most made of components from my first build. It works fine as long as you don't want to play Star Trek Armada II.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having a job i mostly break ancient stuff i have broken maybe 20 mobos( all very old like 75mhz days old), 10 cpus( most old ), alot of memory, 8 old psu's for the fans and other parts when i don't feel like buying stuff. Also an old DELL OPTIPLEX GXa i swear it ran better then my 2600 it was a 233mhz overclocked just above 300 and ran xp fine i was going to have it fold 24/7 but then it went up in smoke. Also too old laptops 150mhz that I got for ten bucks. Thats about it

Quote"I never saw anything like this before, the new boards serial # jumped off and got on that old board then jumped into the new box and said take me back and trade me in for a new one, so I did!"

:O:O:O i know!!! same thing happended to me with a video card after i dropped molten led on it when soldering above it like an idiot :P

must be part of a new gen. of warrenty :D

Yes its called extended warrenty! :P

Soyo kt333 dragon mobo

300w power supply

cd-rom

I kept it down this year. Frys was nice enough to replace my motherboard, even though 30 days had passed and I didn't purchase a warranty. (they won a few return visits :P)

not too much here

A few pairs of headphones (one channel didnt work anyway)...hooked up to left speaker out on subwoofer

Pentium 166: Took out processor while it was running screen goes blace, put back in while running, comes back to previous state, but frozen till reboot, since that didnt kill the computer, did other things to abuse mobo and processor. (just curious)

Old motherboard from a 300mhz system that i got at goodwill for $10, not sure what happened.

2 macintosh plus (goodwill $10)

1 logitech cordless optical mouse dropped one too many times.

Aopen Headset Mic...just wore out

1 floppy drive

Edited by Mr Yuck

4 cpus, 2 dvd rom drives, 3 hard drives, a 17" lcd (couldn't get that fixed under warrenty cuz I put my fist thru it... just a little stressed out), a dozen or so HP dvd burners (never buy one of them), several cooling fans, an hp 5550 (seeing a trend here) photo printer, an ipod, 1 firewire controller on an asus A7V333-R (not a total loss), an Ipaq (my dear neice tried to flush it down the toilet), a cheepo set of speakers (they don't handle the volume like my bose do), and this is just the list at home :)

work at MS: dual xeon 3.2 processor, board and 4gb of ram, dual opteron 248 with 4gb of ram and mobo, several power suplies, 50+ sticks of ram, about a dozen mobos... and the king of them all. a quad itanium 1.2ghz setup, including the mobo and 64gb of ram (walked away for 2 min and one of the clowns for the workstation division decided to see how high it would OC). Estimated steet value of that mess: $150k.

work at the school district: 1 compaq server, thrown out the door onto the pavement. I still insist that it was suicide not murder :) it wanted me to finish it off.

OMG all that stuff?

jeeze.... i fried three 10/100 cards, thats all...

5 hds totaling 520gbs, 3 m/bs, 2 athlon xp cpus, 1 pci pump relay and a partridge in a pear tree

thats just the stuff that i actually cared about...a couple cd rom drives were sacrificed in the name of science.