I Finally Done It

road-runner

Foam. You can get packing foam from any department store, just cut a recessed square out that's long enough for the pins to face the open air and tape another flat piece of foam on top. It's done the trick for me quite a few times.

Thanks Phil, I have a lot of old 478 and 754 cpus, I do not have any off the plastic containers they come in. I wonder what I could put them in if I sell them so the pins will not get bent?

I'll buy a socket 478 if it's cheap enough and you have a board to sell with it. Why don't you put some stuff on OCbay.net?

Foam. You can get packing foam from any department store, just cut a recessed square out that's long enough for the pins to face the open air and tape another flat piece of foam on top. It's done the trick for me quite a few times.

Anti-static foam I hope!

How about these boxes? I've used them and they are great for CPU's. They are by Corstat and should be available in the USA.

Your first ebay purchase?

Cheers

Paul

I'll buy a socket 478 if it's cheap enough and you have a board to sell with it. Why don't you put some stuff on OCbay.net?

Actually, I'm in the same boat. I need a secondary rig, but I'm too lazy to look anywhere really. If you do have a decently priced CPU/Mobo you plan to sell (Kuronin gets first dibbs, of course :P ) I'd be a happy buyer.