Evga Voltage Tuner

Coors

Found this last night. I've been slowly increasing my vid card OC over the past couple weeks. Currently testing 675/1455/999. Haven't had to bump the voltage yet but from what I can see quite a few people got some good results using Voltage Tuner. DL it here http://www.evga.com/articles/00462/

I think you have to have an eVGA card registered to DL it but it's already been cracked to work on non EVGA cards too. I'm sure google can find a DL for the cracked version if you don't have an eVGA card. Beware one of the versions also bypassed the voltage limitation too.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Info gathered from HERE

EVGA Voltage Tuner v1.0 Patch
by king-dubs & AgentGOD
------------------------------

Requirements:
- EVGA Voltage Tuner v1.0 (Get a copy off of a friend with EVGA card, or Google, don't ask me for it)
- 50 KB of hard drive space for the patch
- 500 KB of system memory free
- 30 seconds of time to install this patch

Description:
EVGA recently released a nice, user-friendly tool to allow users to adjust their graphic cards' voltages.
However, as expectedly, they restricted this tool to only work on EVGA-branded graphic cards. They also
imposed a voltage limit (perfectly understandable) to avoid people adjusting voltages through the roof
and massively increasing RMA rates. With this patch, you, the user, are able to remove those imposed
limits, including graphics card manufacturer/model limitations (tested only by GT200/212 users), and
voltage limitations (now up to 2000 mV = 2.00v).

Instruction:
Run the patch executable file, and browse to the executable of the EVGA Voltage Tuner. Then, simply
select the file, and patch it. I strongly suggest making a backup of the original executable. Then
you can simply run the program through the shortcut or the executable file, and enjoy.

EVGA did an excellent job on this utility. Again, keep in mind, this patch is for those who wish to get
around those mentioned limits, and is willing to take responsibility shall a hardware failure happen.

Disclaimer:
Neither EVGA nor king-dubs, nor AgentGOD shall be responsible for any of your actions taken with this
patch nor any results from using the patch, including, but not limited to: artifacting card as a result,
dying card, fried card, fried motherboard, fried power supply, increase in room temperature, or 
your hair loss as a result of tweaking voltages to the nearest millivolt.

Tip:
Always monitor your live temperatures and voltages with an accurate program like RivaTuner & GPU-Z!

Please read the above info, all credit goes to the above individuals.

EVGA client download from Guru 3D (no EVGA registration needed)

Direct link to Patch

(vendor restriction & voltage limit removal)

Edited by Andrewr05

this is awesome i just got the evga newsletter today about the voltage tuner now i just gotta get my main rig back up with the new watercooling system i've been working on to try it out

does anyone on here know what a safe max would be on the 295? with my cpu at 4.2Ghz and a mild oc on the single card i broke 21K in 3d06 so its handling the high fsb very well i just wanted to see what i could really push this card to. my goal is to break 25K with a single GTX295

dudes, my buddy has an xfx 260 black edition, and just clocked it to 756 core, and it's flying through the testing... I'm just wondering, would this maybe work on an older card? I'm tempted to try it on my 8800GT, but I don't want it screwing crap up. Anybody got any info on whether this is possible?

I know that sounded n00bish, but i'd like to know if anybody has found that it may be possible.

Compatible Cards:

EVGA GTX260

896-P3-1260-XX

896-P3-1262-XX

896-P3-1263-XX

896-P3-1264-XX

896-P3-1265-XX

896-P3-1266-XX

896-P3-1267-XX

896-P3-1268-XX

896-P3-1269-XX

896-P3-1270-XX

EVGA GTX280

01G-P3-1280-XX

01G-P3-1282-XX

01G-P3-1284-XX

01G-P3-1286-XX

01G-P3-1289-XX

EVGA GTX295

017-P3-1291-XX

017-P3-1292-XX

017-P3-1293-XX

Maybe the patched version will allow more cards i'm not sure but i'm gonna take a guess and say no.

sweet, maybe I WILL have to get me a new cooler for the 260...I wonder how high the voltage can go before it blows the chip (temperature unrelated)

hopefully there are some brave testers who will go the distance and find this out for us!

At 1288 mV I found the card to be much more unstable than at 1200 mV, I'm still OC'ing with the new headroom, slowly... and I'll update when I'm done

ya I still haven't found the absolute max on my 260, i can tweak these clocks up a little bit more. I want to find the max of 1.18v before I'd get new cooling/further volt tune (this was a bios volt mod, not the evga volt mod)