Planning A New Pc For Late 09.

AMG

Hi, well as the title says I m planning a new PC (extremly planning) becasue I m thinking of water cooling (my own way) so i m thinking of everything from the case right down to the cable managment etc...my price range? well lets say

Edited by AMG

okay fair does, would that be with the raptors or without? I m hopeing the price comes down by the time I build it I progected the cost for the water cooling, the mobo cpu and ram, and the HDDs its going to cost a bombshell

The intel SSD's are faster then raptors, and by the time you build this, they should be down in price quite a bit. I would get x25m, then just grab a TB drive for storage.

Edited by JerrDogg77

Personally I wouldn't even be thinking about a build yet if you are planning that far into the future.

Just keep an eye on what is good and come back in 6-8 months. :)

That said, I doubt you're going to need a 1.2KW PSU, not to mention the fact that the TurboCool is rather expensive.

I m thinking of water cooling (my own way)

as for water cooling I am a total noob so bare with me, I don't trust myself to be honest but yay worth a try I have checked the guides but I need to play around with the system to get used to it. open for suggestion on that, I might get the 3/7" piping, with 1/2" barbes... I will need alot of help on this hence why I m posting now gives me change to look around, practice a bit etc.

Even scarier, lol

no water kits here, with companies like thermltake telling you were to stuck everything( I have to learn someware, and yeh I even scare myself at times) lol we were all there at one stage. this thread is just a little creativity and fun...but will happen sooner or later :D

I doesn't make too much sense to plan a setup a few months in advance, computer systems come and go, there really is no lasting 'best' or best configuration or anything like that. What you plan today will not at all resemble what you might eventually put together in the fall. It is only hardware, and it definitely does not require so much thought that planning months ahead is required.

I will repeat what was mentioned earlier, you definitely do not need a 1.2kw power supply. You wont need a 1KW unit either.

Another thing, if you don't trust yourself with water you are already setting the course for some major screw ups. That said, if you intend on going with a pre assmbled factory built water cooling kit, I would recommend you just stick with air.

well, its like prototype atm, I m not really going to concerte too much about hardware, just about the case/cooling, as for not trusting myself I better start learning... and fast, kinda hopeing this would be a bit on the creative side on the cooling and case fornt rather than on the hardware.

time I come to build this I will have hte comptia A+ how embrassing would it be if I can't do water cooling properly? this prototye is going to "celibrate" that fist ICT job and hopefully will last quite a while. and give me a "test" of my ablitys and skills. any suggestion on the hardware will be consdered, I was looking at advise on the side that will not change much, powersupply I ll sort out later closer to the time...but i don't see cooling solutions changing on bit in the months leading up nor water cooling erganmics etc

like I says perfect in every way from the case...to the hardware getting cooled etc, I may use this thread (advise on the water cooling layout case mods) etc on smaller prject leading up to that time. so time I come to do it I should have done this kinda thing a few times, this is my creativy thread :D