Would You Buy A 24" Monitor Or 22" 120hz Monitor?

madu

+1 for the 120hz monitor.

3d does work on 60hz monitors, but not very well most of the time.

The problem is that they can't swap the images quickly enough and you end up with a massive headache. 30 Hz refresh rates (effective) just spell disaster.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a tough one.. i'm glad I dont have to decide this for quite a sometime.. went through enough trauma last month deciding between C2Q and Ci7 :blink:

I'd really like the extra 2" and the resolution, but watching My Bloody Valentine in 3D, now thats gotta be freaky...

and they will probably have 3D movies and games coming out soon..

I just wish there would be a 24" 120Hz, but seeing that 120Hz is quite a luxury for even LCD TV's, I wouldnt count on it..

Thanks for the input guys..

Just bought a 120hz Samsung 40" television... and 120hz is the shiznit. Can't imagine what a 120hz set would look like with a Blu-ray player. My standard DVD player is sexy enough with it, I think Blu-ray might lead to premature eja-- er... awesome television watching.

Looks like a tough one.. i'm glad I dont have to decide this for quite a sometime.. went through enough trauma last month deciding between C2Q and Ci7 :blink:

I'd really like the extra 2" and the resolution, but watching My Bloody Valentine in 3D, now thats gotta be freaky...

and they will probably have 3D movies and games coming out soon..

I just wish there would be a 24" 120Hz, but seeing that 120Hz is quite a luxury for even LCD TV's, I wouldnt count on it..

Thanks for the input guys..

You could just buy a 32" 1080p 120 Hz TV. :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=1...mp;aq=f&oq=

Honestly I would go for the extra real estate, you can get some very nice 24" monitors for that chunk that will do HD @1080P and be feature rich with media ports, USB hubs etc. I would personally go for the 24" myself.

I have the nvidia 3d glasses and the 22'' monitor and all i can say is that its AMAZING!

the 3d effect makes your monitor look much bigger because it gives your games depth.

its like looking out a window of your house into a 3d enviorment.

It does take some time to get used to and you will have to start at the default 3d setting or your brain wont be able to process the 3d immages properly and it will look like 2 images. after you train you brain some you can turn up screen depth and depth of field and it gets crazy 3d and it feels like your right in the game.

the 3d images wont go off screen (not like what the nvidia picture looks like) but its more like looking out a window. some stuff like moves have the image sort of "pop out" towards you though.

If I were you I would get the 120hz monitor if you have a geforce card that supports 3d vision.

Most reviews on the net that I've read about the whole 3d thing, is that it's a gimmick and not really worth it. I'd personally take the 24" with higher resolution, but again 60hz on my moniter doesn't bother me. Either choice really isn't bad though.