Windows 7

d3bruts1d

yeah at this moment you can get the iso from where ever you want and install it but it will run out in 30 days. You have to go through the registration process to get an official key that wont run out till aug 09. The thing is the site is still down and you cant get the key process to come up. And when it does it will be limiited to a few million keys. I wonder how long those will last before they are gone. Gonna be like getting a front row ticket for a major concert

Actually you can re-arm that 30 days 3 times giving a total of 120 os not a hack or anything its built into the software.

I love how people are calling Windows 7 redundant and a waste of money when it's just a beta and nowhere close to being finished, let alone being fully feature complete.

So instead of complaining about how this should have been a service pack or that it's not worth the money, how about we just evaluate the beta for what it offers and wait for future builds to see what Windows 7 is ultimately going to turn out to be.

:withstupid: :withstupid:

**thinks Rolf Harris for a min... "can you tell what it is yet"**

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they're just trying to get away from the Vista name. Too many ignorant people that can't get around not bashing it so it needs a new name. They're dumb enough to jump on the Vista haters bandwagon, they're dumb enough to believe that Windows 7 is a totally new OS. Pretty smart of Microsoft imo.

This is ABSOLUTELY what they're doing. There are literally droves of people out there who bash Vista and don't even know the first thing about it (See Mojave Experiment). They need to get away from that name, even if it's only because of stupid, stupid (stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid) people. So they're pushing 7 forward, basically stripping a ton of new features from it to make the shorter time line a reality, and what they end up with is Vista SP2 with a new name. Oh well, I never bought Vista so even if 7 is just SP2, I'll still consider it if the price is right.

People from the Mojave Experiment should not be allowed to use computers... it's people like them that:

• think a CD/DVD tray is a "cup holder"
  • call tech support because the computer won't boot, when power is out to their house.
  • call tech support because the computer won't boot, when the power cable is not plugged in.
  • don't reboot their computer system BEFORE they call tech support.
  • think a MAC address is an Apple product
  • use AOL

Dude, that's awesome! I never knew computers had cupholders!

I always knew people bashed Vista even when they haven't used it themselves, it kind of annoys me. And they sounds stupid because they have NO idea what they are talking about. The only thing that sells me is the extra speed, and it is a nice little boost. I couldn't care less about features.

*EDIT* Has anyone made an OCC theme for W7?

well i tried for hours last night to get a key with no luck using any of the links and tricks posted all over the net. This morning i get up and click one of the links and instantly get a key or two or six. Ok actually it gave me three for 32 bit and 3 for 64 bit before it just started repeating. Now my only problem is that ive downloaded the iso twice from the download.microsoft.com link and burned it and it wont run from in windows of course but when i boot from it it starts to do the setup process but then it fails saying a file is missing. Thus why i downloaded it a second time. Same problem. Burned it once with poweriso and once with nero. Im currently downloading the iso again hoping its just been a misdownload and not just some crap iso.

This morning i get up and click one of the links and instantly get a key or two or six. Ok actually it gave me three for 32 bit and 3 for 64 bit before it just started repeating.

Care to share where you're getting these keys?

I wouldn't worrie about rushing to get keys or download Windows 7. Even if they run out of keys you can still run Windows 7 for 30 days and after that I believe I heard that you can use the slmgr.vbs –rearm command in cmd which is perfectly legal to use to extend it for another 120 days making it so you can use windows for a total of 5 months. They will probably have a new beta release in another 5 months so there's really no need to worrie about keys.

here is how to get the key with bypassing the download...

I just got my keys...sign in using your MSN info (passport ot technet or what ever some even say Hotmail works)

I signed in with my technet info and i got 2 keys for each as they allow...

http://blog.hznet.nl/2009/01/10/how-to-rec...d-windows-7-key

here is how to get the key with bypassing the download...

I just got my keys...sign in using your MSN info (passport ot technet or what ever some even say Hotmail works)

I signed in with my technet info and i got 2 keys for each as they allow...

http://blog.hznet.nl/2009/01/10/how-to-rec...d-windows-7-key

Thanks, worked :)