Like Nine Inch Nails? Have 400 Gig Free Space?

d3bruts1d

Saw this by way of Fark & PCWorld.

Nine Inch Nails - Lights in the Sky tour - 3 concerts... 405 Gig of FREE, raw, unedited, un-color-corrected HD footage. Torrent information is available in the NIN forums.

Just noticed... I've got 8,000 "counted" posts on OCC. :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

405GB would certainly trigger a warning from Comcast as I blow the 250GB/month cap :lol:

I was just sitting here thinking about that. I've got the space available, but Comcast and the feds would probably come knocking at my door. On the other hand, you could throttle the download enough so it only did 5-10G max per day... after a couple of months, you'd be good. :D

well start the download in the middle of the month...that way you'll get half in 1 month and the other half in the next...lol

then you'll be 200 for each month...you do have a Pause button on torrent....

its ironic how many companies would be upset by that LEGAL traffic. so imposed limitations could be bad, in these situations as larger formats and widespread everyday use of broadband

id like to see the response of how they justify capping speeds on legal transfers. if at&t has their way theyw ill have rights to view materials passed through which to me is sickening, but they are just doing that to help promote their at&t TV bs yatta yatta.

anyways, even though you can get a 1tb hd for $99 , 405 gb is a massive waste of space.

i wonder if companies that produce mainstrain hard drives, (wd,seagate,maxtor,hitachi) will promote free massive downloads of PPV/HD/WEB only broadcasts to get people to expand hard drives.

even a person mundane to computers can goto best buy point at a box n for $30 have it put in.

to me this time , and era we really need the next level for video and audio encoding. not a thousand of these unique programs only playable. im talking how when mp3's changed the size and quality standard. VBR is ok but its not as dramatic as what i mean. look at DIVX & MP3 same ol stuff been around for AGES now, it has improved but not by a milestone.

everything else in this world, technology advances so fast and we are still. (well me i still use my LAME cd ripper, god knows how old that is) using software they teach people to write in college.

on a side note, i read the thread title and so expected to be like a massive archive of all of his beat sounds n remixes n stuff, you know somewhere hes got gobs of that stuff like dust in my wc radiator