Like Nine Inch Nails? Have 400 Gig Free Space?

d3bruts1d

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm... Im going to look into this a little bit more. I don't know how the other end TRULY interperates my total bandwidth, but maybe my use of multiple computers & how i use proxies is allowing it.

i mean cripes i did like 110-130gb in like 26-36 hours this week alone. ill easily pass that cap by the 15th.

And aboutit being implemented yet, i'd assum i would be pretty close to the list, in basically in the same region as chicago, id assum regulations would be regional and a city like that would be high on that priority list if they were concered

do these limits impose upon everything no matter what or are the people who purchase higher bandwidth excluded?

i wonder because what the fargle am i going to pay extra to still have that limit.

its like i can cruise into the wall at the end of the road,

or i can rocket there and smash in half the time,

thats going to reeaaally make me mad if they impose that.

i really wanted the verizon fibre optic, but with that i could push 250gb in less than a week.

What on earth would you be doing to use 250GB bandwidth in a week? I understand that 1080p files are large, but that would still be an awful lot of data.

In a month, yes - I can see how an occasional 250GB download total can happen, but frequently? That's mad.

if you download and upload video you can easily pass the 250gb in a week....

So far Verizon here has no cap...I havent read or seen where they plan to impose a cap but you can be rest assured if everyone else jumps on the money scam they will too...

250GB cap isn't that bad.

My ISP Cox has got to have one of the worst bandwidth caps around. The best package that they have (which I am currently switching to) only allows you to download a maxim of 60GB a month and upload only 15GB a month. So based on that limit it would take me about 7 months to download that 405GB video. I could switch to AT&T DSL which has no bandwidth caps but it would cut my bandwidth more then half consider there best speed around hear is 6Mbp/s download and 768K upload and Cox's bandwidth is 20-25mbp/s download and 2.5mbp/s upload.

Nowadays it is possible to go over that cap without doing illegal things if you use Netflix streaming movies (especially HD ones) or a sling box (I have one and have to be overcareful how much I use it).

In my area it looks like the newest thing coming when it comes to ISPs is AT&T Uverse which has speeds of 18mbp/s and 180GB a month cap so not really much of an improvement from cox and it will be many years before something like Verizon FIOS becomes available so for know it looks like i'm going to be stuck with Bandwidth caps for a while.

if you download and upload video you can easily pass the 250gb in a week....

So far Verizon here has no cap...I havent read or seen where they plan to impose a cap but you can be rest assured if everyone else jumps on the money scam they will too...

I suppose if you are streaming films to watch or uploading home movies you could, but that suggests different activity to me :lol: