Hd/blu-ray Computer Setup

GRN

Okay my parents gave me the okay to use their money to build them a HD/Blu-Ray computer. This build is meant for their hi-def pictures/videos and such. But I also want it to be a good gaming computer so I can play competitively like I always do. The price range has to be around 1,200. I'm not sure on the power supply as it is out of stock and the motherboard. I don't know the requirements to run blu ray besides a good monitor/videocard.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedW...spx?ID=10043326

Any suggestions would be a great help. I plan on purchasing parts as soon as tomorrow. :)

Okay my parents gave me the okay to use their money to build them a HD/Blu-Ray computer. This build is meant for their hi-def pictures/videos and such. But I also want it to be a good gaming computer so I can play competitively like I always do. The price range has to be around 1,200. I'm not sure on the power supply as it is out of stock and the motherboard. I don't know the requirements to run blu ray besides a good monitor/videocard.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedW...spx?ID=10043326

Any suggestions would be a great help. I plan on purchasing parts as soon as tomorrow. :)

I am certainly not going to create a newegg account just to look at your wish list or is it your username and password that's needed? :blink:

Cheers

Paul

my blaaaah list:

Acer H213H

Rosewill RP550V2-D-SL 550W

E8400

9800+

i would replace each with this:

Samsung, LG or viewsonic

Mushkin PSU

Q6600

4870 (or 4850 is you want to save money)

all replacement are the same cost but alot better. you can tell good quality psu by the weight. i had a 550watt rosewill once, it was lighter than 20 sheets of paper, i look in and find no heatsinks! i say HA! i want to see that pull 550watts.

I completely agree with you guys on the graphic card and the power supply. Do you have a power supply in mind?

Edit: Updated list, tell me what you think :)

I swapped out the 9800 GTX for the 4870, and a OCZ StealthXStream 500W ATX12V for the Rosewill.

Edited by GRN

:withstupid:

Yep if you cant order from there why waste your time. Also looking at your list this computer more likes a gaming rig then a HTPC. what room is this going to be in. if its the living room you should look into a HTPC case not a gaming case. also i would look into splitting that 1tb drive into two 500 gigs or something two drives are faster then one when installing and trying to use windows on one drive. also a quad might be a better choice if this is a HTPC since multitasking is a must with a HTPC. one more question why the monitor r people going to be looking at this why watching movies in the living room lol.

Edited by capthowdy575

Yeah I agree on the 2 500gig HD, should I use RAID? o.O Also on a side note this is mainly going to be a gaming computer with some photo and video uploading/watching.

Edit: Updated the Hard Drive and the Processor to a Q6600. Any other suggestions? :)

Edited by GRN