A Company With New Egg On Their Face!!

espiritu

I've not had any troubles yet from Newegg.ca, and shipping was amazingly fast.

For example, I ordered a P5N7A-VM, with free shipping.

Here is the tracking information:

post-31336-1229610129_thumb.jpg

All in all, it took three days to ship from their US warehouse to my door. :)

Edit: Hey I just noticed in the tracking information that they do have a warehouse in Lachine, Quebec, Canada!!!

That Lachine location is the UPS point of entry depot. All Quebec addressed UPS packages go there to go through Customs before being shipped to a local depot. Newegg has no offices in Canada.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

what's really sad, is that you have been so conditioned by repeated sub-standard customer service that you now believe you(and everyone else) deserve nothing better.

Sub-standard service? Three weeks ago I ordered a rounded IDE cable and some AS5(as well as a few other miscellaneous odds and ends) from newegg and it came to $25.63(+$7.99 shipping and still cheaper than a trip to Fry's). Went standard UPS ground and it got to me 3 days after I ordered it. Popped open the box and the only thing in there was the rounded cable I ordered. Called up Newegg and they apologized, refunded $20(essentially the rest of my order sans shipping), and sent the rest of my order. I would have been satisfied if they just shipped me the rest of my order but they went above and beyond for such a tiny mistake. If you consider that sub-standard service then your standards are unrealistically high.

That Lachine location is the UPS point of entry depot. All Quebec addressed UPS packages go there to go through Customs before being shipped to a local depot. Newegg has no offices in Canada.

D'oh!! Yeah that makes sense... Never mind then...

So you joined up and posted at several forums to complain about NewEgg not fixing YOUR mistake, and then proceeded to email it to them to try to get more leverage for your own stupidity? You need to grow up. NewEgg doesn't guarantee any shipping dates, no company can. They only post what they're told by the shipping company. Also, just because the order shows up as confirmed doesn't mean that everything is all said and done. Usually a hold will be placed for the amount of the order and they'll send the confirmation email once that's done. It's then up to the bank system to handle it from there.

Though this actually makes for excellent PR for NewEgg, given that they're still handling your temper tantrum more than they should.

what's really sad, is that you have been so conditioned by repeated sub-standard customer service that you now believe you(and everyone else) deserve nothing better.

It's interesting that you think you can claim to know anything about anyone here, seeing as you joined less than a day ago.

I agree that having to click a link at the bottom of the page in order to get the delivery estimates is poor website design. However if the problem really is whether or not the terms are obvious, then you should have opted not to order that item in the first place. Frankly, when facing a $40 charge for shipping, I think a responsible person make sure to get a delivery estimate before paying. Blindly assuming that it's air shipping (since as far as I saw, it didn't actually say "air"), and that you'll receive it in, say, 2 days or whatever amount of time you thought, places the financial responsibility in your lap.

The story about the former administrative law judge suing a dry cleaners for $54 million over a lost pair of pants (actually over their policy of satisfaction guaranteed) has resurfaced on cnn.com. I wonder what your position is on that.

I have NEVER had a problem with Newegg, but I have had problems with UPS, including then delivering 2 parcels of the same order to 2 different addresses. I do understand the time difference in shipping times because of Customs.

Now if I need it immediately, I drive and get it, if I need it in a few days I will use Newegg, or one of several other vendors, In more then 15 years of building PCs, I have only had a problem with one company, and that one I will never use again.

Look.

I posted exactly where in the time line the delay took place.

Did you go and ask the bank where your money went and where it was held up during the process?

Did you ask Newegg about their ordering process involving where your money comes from and how it gets to them?

because that was the hangup. It matters not that it took 5 days for it to get to you. UPS was not at fault. their shipping went off without a hitch, even if the plane got into Sioux Falls because of weather, it was still on time into Canada. Newegg shipped immediately once they got your money. therefore THEY ARE NOT at fault! the delay was your money not getting to them for several days after order. Order confirmed does not mean money received...it just means they GOT your order. once they got the money, it shipped.

so did you call up the affore mentioned people to find out how the money was held up and why? if not...then you have NO complaint any further on the subject, since you have no actual knowlege of the properties of the delay, and have been quite subjective, and not objective in postulating the real reason behind your anger.

being conditioned to substandard customer service? What about impatient customers being overly demanding due to ignorance of the actual process....

I run into that daily. a passenger asks me, "Why is the flight from atlanta late tonight?" my answer..."I don't know i flew the plane in from Minneapolis, besides, that flight from Atlanta isnt even my airline", their response? they get really angry that i don't know what they want to know right that moment....

.....how quickly the world owes these people.

Edited by robAP

It's interesting that you think you can claim to know anything about anyone here, seeing as you joined less than a day ago.

Blindly assuming that it's air shipping (since as far as I saw, it didn't actually say "air"), and that you'll receive it in, say, 2 days or whatever amount of time you thought, places the financial responsibility in your lap.

I find it interesting that you claim to know anything about anything since you obviously don't because the confirmation invoice does say "air"

airshipew1.th.jpg

i see your research skills are rivaled only by your charm. But then since i don't really know you, that must only be an observation.

Because the package is given to the pilot, the pilot flies to your house, and gives it to you. Yup.

Strangely enough, if you would have bothered to read the "Important Shipping Information" link:

IMPORTANT SHIPPING INFORMATION

* All orders require 1-2 business days of processing time prior to shipping.

* UPS Standard - Delivery within 5 - 10 business days.

* UPS Expedited - Delivery within 4 - 9 business days.

* While Newegg.ca and our shipper will make every effort to get your order to you within the allotted time, international customs processing on some orders may occasionally delay shipments.

* Newegg.ca does not process orders during the weekend.

* No deliveries will be made on weekends or holidays (Canadian or US).

* While Newegg.ca and our shipper will make every effort to get your order to you within the allotted time, international customs processing may occasionally delay shipments.

Looks like it got there in the time stated. Your case is null.

Look.

I posted exactly where in the time line the delay took place.

Did you go and ask the bank where your money went and where it was held up during the process?

Did you ask Newegg about their ordering process involving where your money comes from and how it gets to them?

because that was the hangup. It matters not that it took 5 days for it to get to you. UPS was not at fault. their shipping went off without a hitch, even if the plane got into Sioux Falls because of weather, it was still on time into Canada. Newegg shipped immediately once they got your money. therefore THEY ARE NOT at fault! the delay was your money not getting to them for several days after order. Order confirmed does not mean money received...it just means they GOT your order. once they got the money, it shipped.

so did you call up the affore mentioned people to find out how the money was held up and why? if not...then you have NO complaint any further on the subject, since you have no actual knowlege of the properties of the delay, and have been quite subjective, and not objective in postulating the real reason behind your anger.

being conditioned to substandard customer service? What about impatient customers being overly demanding due to ignorance of the actual process....

I run into that daily. a passenger asks me, "Why is the flight from atlanta late tonight?" my answer..."I don't know i flew the plane in from Minneapolis, besides, that flight from Atlanta isnt even my airline", their response? they get really angry that i don't know what they want to know right that moment....

.....how quickly the world owes these people.

I actually agreed with your previous quote, and if you had noticed my comments from a few posts ago i indicated that a customer service manager from newegg had contacted me, agreed with my assesment of the issue and assured me that he would credit the shipping and bring the poorly located information to the attention of the web designers.

I don't dislike Newegg I only had a problem with the way the information was presented on the site and the way the issue was handled, and sometimes complaining is the only way to get the attention of people in an organization who can make a difference.

interesting how Newegg seems to think its important to put the delivery time in the shipping line for the US website but on the canadian site its contained in link in a small line in a regular font at the bottom of the page

Those are all UPS designations. When you see it list "3 Day" that is because that is what UPS calls it, it's NOT because newegg made the designation.

As others have said, simply refunding you $10 when it was YOUR fault is extremely generous on their part...refunding the full difference as they are now doing is just absurdly nice, and honestly, you don't deserve it. But I'm also not surprised because I've had excellent experiences with newegg CS. My most recent experience occurred a few months ago when I ordered the wrong PSU (it didn't have one of the connections I needed), and after explaining it to them, they let me order a new one and RMA back the other one without paying a restocking fee like you normally would have to do.

As for the shipping issue...I don't care what site I'm on, I ALWAYS check out the Shipping information before making a purchase. You're right, "UPS Expedited" means nothing to me (and again, that's UPS's naming, not newegg), so I would definitely search the FAQ to find out what it meant. The fact that they even have that information in the agreement you have to check off on before making a purchase makes you even sadder. If I'm on a site for the first time and it asks me to agree to something, I sure as hell am going to at least skim it over. Is this your first time on the Internet?

In any case, I think you'll find (and you probably already have based on responses here, and I'm sure on other sites), that newegg is simply awesome. Coming in here and bashing newegg is like telling off someone's Grandma....you're not going to get the response and welcoming you expect.

Edited by ClayMeow

I find it interesting that you claim to know anything about anything since you obviously don't because the confirmation invoice does say "air"

airshipew1.th.jpg

i see your research skills are rivaled only by your charm. But then since i don't really know you, that must only be an observation.

You claim to be observant, yet you didn't know it was shipping from the US? What exactly do you think "INTL" stands for in that? :rolleyes: