A Company With New Egg On Their Face!!

espiritu

Yeah i ususally get stuff from them really fast (one time it got to me the day after i ordered it!). I have to say though, that is pretty snekay of them to have expedited shipping that is one day quicker than normal but way more expensive <_<

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the problem is they don't tell you that all shipping comes from the US warehouses. According to the time stamp, the hang up was from when you ordered it, to when they shipped it. It says there "billing information received" several days after you ordered it. So the problem is what happened from your order to their getting your money. it sounds like an international banking issue than Newegg's problem. I would ask Newegg about the process involved from your order to their receiving payment, and you could talk to your bank and maybe find a trace of where your money went and why. but that was the hangup. A delay in them getting your money from your order. UPS was NOT at fault. the shipping pickup is usually early evening, your order was paid at 8pm and that was too late to get the package out, so they sent it out first thing AM for the morning pickup. just over 1 days transit from the morning of the 16th to the morning of the 17th on a truck going to you. I'd say that's pretty good shipping service from UPS. Newegg got the package out as soon as possible when they got the money. its the delay between the order, and the money getting to them that's the issue....and that means banks.

Edited by robAP

the problem is they don't tell you that all shipping comes from the US warehouses. According to the time stamp, the hang up was from when you ordered it, to when they shipped it. It says there "billing information received" several days after you ordered it. So the problem is what happened from your order to their getting your money. it sounds like an international banking issue than Newegg's problem. I would ask Newegg about the process involved from your order to their receiving payment, and you could talk to your bank and maybe find a trace of where your money went and why. but that was the hangup. A delay in them getting your money from your order. UPS was NOT at fault. the shipping pickup is usually early evening, your order was paid at 8pm and that was too late to get the package out, so they sent it out first thing AM for the morning pickup. just over 1 days transit from the morning of the 16th to the morning of the 17th on a truck going to you. I'd say that's pretty good shipping service from UPS. Newegg got the package out as soon as possible when they got the money. its the delay between the order, and the money getting to them that's the issue....and that means banks.

Interesting observation especially in view of the fact that i placed the order and received confirmation of the order by 11:13am friday dec 12

That's exactly the kind of observation that i would hope for from any of the numerous Newegg reps i spoke to.

interesting how Newegg seems to think its important to put the delivery time in the shipping line for the US website but on the canadian site its contained in link in a small line in a regular font at the bottom of the page

post-65421-1229613617_thumb.jpg

post-65421-1229613833_thumb.jpg

Espiritu Hi,

I was wondering what kind of Hardware are we talking about here? The $11 dollar item. I see you have a Seagate Hd in the pic above which obviously didnt cost $11.

Edited by Kwok

interesting how Newegg seems to think its important to put the delivery time in the shipping line for the US website but on the canadian site its contained in link in a small line in a regular font at the bottom of the page

Yeah that seems kinda shaddy to me too... <_< . Thank goodness I'm in the US, where that kinda stuff = lawsuit.

i'm trying to figure something out here, are you mad at newegg because it took 5 days to get to you? because that's within the 4-9 days you paid for... and besides, you ordered on a friday... they don't work on the weekends, and it shows that everything went through that next monday, then they started to ship the order...

I have a question, just to clear it up: how long, exactly, from the time you pressed "confirm order" to the time you got the part at your door, did this entire process take?

i'm trying to figure something out here, are you mad at newegg because it took 5 days to get to you? because that's within the 4-9 days you paid for... and besides, you ordered on a friday... they don't work on the weekends, and it shows that everything went through that next monday, then they started to ship the order...

I have a question, just to clear it up: how long, exactly, from the time you pressed "confirm order" to the time you got the part at your door, did this entire process take?

about 5 days...the problem isnt that they complied with their terms, but that their terms were not obvious, not standard(as far as the industry goes), not standard for what a US customer would receive from Newegg US.

I paid for AIR shipping and there is no place in the world that takes longer than 5 days to fly from, so if its going to be 5 days it should be in the line where you select the option as it is on the US site.

And if i make a mistake because its not obvious they should eat the extra $20 and make a life long customer(thats just good business)

And if i make a mistake because its not obvious they should eat the extra $20 and make a life long customer(thats just good business)

Let's see...you make a mistake because you were too lazy to read (or maybe just in a hurry?) and you expect Newegg to compensate you? I think, after reading this entire thing, that you are in the wrong in your expectations. As others have noted, Newegg bends over backwards for customers almost every single time, but in this case, they are in the right pretty clearly.

next time, before complaining, read everything until you understand it. Trying to say that they weren't "obvious" is wrong, and the onus is on YOU, the consumer. "Not standard for what a US customer would receive from Newegg US" is just plain foolish and makes you look lazy or illiterate or just unreasonable (or all 3). You aren't in the US. You didn't read the terms properly. YOU the customer need to take some responsibility instead of expecting big corporate to reimburse you or grovel at your feet.

They've made long-term, lifetime customers out of just about everyone...I don't agree that they should eat teh $20, that is YOUR responsibility no matter how you try to argue it.

Let's see...you make a mistake because you were too lazy to read (or maybe just in a hurry?) and you expect Newegg to compensate you? I think, after reading this entire thing, that you are in the wrong in your expectations. As others have noted, Newegg bends over backwards for customers almost every single time, but in this case, they are in the right pretty clearly.

next time, before complaining, read everything until you understand it. Trying to say that they weren't "obvious" is wrong, and the onus is on YOU, the consumer. "Not standard for what a US customer would receive from Newegg US" is just plain foolish and makes you look lazy or illiterate or just unreasonable (or all 3). You aren't in the US. You didn't read the terms properly. YOU the customer need to take some responsibility instead of expecting big corporate to reimburse you or grovel at your feet.

They've made long-term, lifetime customers out of just about everyone...I don't agree that they should eat teh $20, that is YOUR responsibility no matter how you try to argue it.

what's really sad, is that you have been so conditioned by repeated sub-standard customer service that you now believe you(and everyone else) deserve nothing better.

With so much competition out there in retail its no longer acceptable for retailers(online or otherwise) to claim they are not responsible as long as the information is somewhere on their site.

It shouldn't be a game of hide and seek to find the relevant information. With the ease of changing websites these days as soon as the oversight was pointed out it should have been changed.

**Update**

received a call from customer service in response to a second email sent linking to the various forums i have posted to.

Was assured that full credit will be given for the expedited shipping and feedback will be directed to appropriate parties regarding the way the shipping info is displayed.

will update my posts if/when this happens and newegg will have validated many of the positive comments seen in response to my various posts.

what's really sad, is that you have been so conditioned by repeated sub-standard customer service that you now believe you(and everyone else) deserve nothing better.

With so much competition out there in retail its no longer acceptable for retailers(online or otherwise) to claim they are not responsible as long as the information is somewhere on their site.

It shouldn't be a game of hide and seek to find the relevant information. With the ease of changing websites these days as soon as the oversight was pointed out it should have been changed.

**Update**

received a call from customer service in response to a second email sent linking to the various forums i have posted to.

Was assured that full credit will be given for the expedited shipping and feedback will be directed to appropriate parties regarding the way the shipping info is displayed.

will update my posts if/when this happens and newegg will have validated many of the positive comments seen in response to my various posts.

there ya go service with a smile...!!...now it's up to UPS to get er dun...!!