If I Decided To Go Watercooled....

Marne_Aeok

im planning on getting this setup soon.

2x - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000340AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

2x - EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

- CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

- Arctic Silver CMQ-22G The high-density, ceramic-based thermal compound - Retail

- CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C9 - Retail

- ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

- Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 64-bit English 1pk DSP OEI DVD for System Builders - OEM

- Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

My original plan was to replace all the fans of the with those Delta 150+cfm fans including the 2 on the TRUE. Alot of ppl said i was a nutcase and it would be unuseable due to the extreme noise level. Well after piddling aroud on the forums here like i do all night every night i read up on the 4 page water cooling sticky. as a NOOB to WC ( i had a zalman reserator v1 setup along time ago but it sucked balls) i dont know what all to even get for an i7 build.

My plan is to include the 2 GTX260/280 cards (depending on budget) in the loop and also maybe the other common stuff. like the NB/SB chips. than again i dont think the i7s have a NB...ANYWAY yea what all do i need for a succesful build? im not too worried about my 2k limit anymore. i just want to build a damn good solid system thats gonna last me a hell of a long time (5+ yrs). yes i know i ramble. its 412am for heimdal's sake. O_O. help me out here guys. ppl spit out brands and part numbers and this that and the other and in reality i dont know what the fail half the stuff is lol. At the end of the day im left even more confused and slightly biased towards certain brands because ppl said so. one thing is synonomous tho - Retail water cooling "kits" suck big donkey shaboygan. all threads tell me to piece one together. hence my current dilema of not knowing what to get lol.

Edited by Marne_Aeok

one thing is synonomous tho - Retail water cooling "kits" suck big donkey shaboygan.

even overlooking your questionable use of the "word" "synonomous", that statement is fairly innacurate.

WC kits have come a long way. XSPC and swiftech make pretty awesome kits, hell even the new thermaltake kit has had some good reviews.

even overlooking your questionable use of the "word" "synonomous", that statement is fairly innacurate.

WC kits have come a long way. XSPC and swiftech make pretty awesome kits, hell even the new thermaltake kit has had some good reviews.

When has Thermaltake ever made good kits? :rolleyes:

When has Thermaltake ever made good kits? :rolleyes:

lol i knew i was treading thin ice with that comment, but look around and you'll find plenty of good reviews for the 850i. apparently they actually fixed the problems the old kits had.

even so, i wouldn't buy one. just saying that even the worst have improved.

ok yes my grammar is .. that aside i stick with what ive read. thermaltake kits suck. only things worth getting are the ek/swiftech/ basically stuff from that petras shop lol. now i just need to know exactly what to buy and how it all gets connected. i didnt see anything for a 1366 cpu block there.

Who was reviewing that thermaltake kit Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles?