Ati Or Nvidia ???

Magel

Hi guys. I am trying to decide on setting up an x58 sli or quad rig. Ive always been a bit of a Nvidia fan boy but the "Gainward Radeon 4870 X2 Rampage700 GS GLH Edition" has got me drooling . Can you guys tell me if this is a good card or if id be better waiting around for a 55nm Nvidia GTX card to be released?

Cheers guys :)

The GTX 260 and 280 are 55nm cards, and so is the 9800GTX+.

When considering the higher level cards, there's almost no difference in them. It's simply a matter of preference and price.

Hi guys. I am trying to decide on setting up an x58 sli or quad rig. Ive always been a bit of a Nvidia fan boy but the "Gainward Radeon 4870 X2 Rampage700 GS GLH Edition" has got me drooling . Can you guys tell me if this is a good card or if id be better waiting around for a 55nm Nvidia GTX card to be released?

Cheers guys :)

I would stick with ati at the moment they have the best value/performance ration. Which 4870x2, i wouldn't waste the money on the gainward rampage one, just oc the card yourself and save a fair bit of money for something else :thumbs-up:

When considering the higher level cards, there's almost no difference in them. It's simply a matter of preference and price.

The GTX 260's and 280's are currently based on the 65nm technology. Only the 9800GTX+ is 55nm at this point. There is a rummored 55nm GTX 270, 290 in the works at the moment.

What kind of monitor are you going to be running that you'll need all that juice?

Ill be gamming at 1920x1200 and want to be able to play games like crysis at that resolution with highest possible settings. I was consisdering setting up a tri sli config but all the reviews show no real gain any way. Ill be hanging on to what ever I upgrade to until something next gen rather than a refresh comes from either ATI or Nvidia.

No, the GTX 260 and 280 are 65nm, the 9800GTX+ is 55nm.

Just to make sure no one is getting confused.

I would go with either 2 GTX 280's or 2 HD 4870 1gb.

Remember to not get 3 of them though, they perform worse than 2, sometimes even worse then 1 :blink:

Edited by Darkfuneral1337

I would stick with ati at the moment they have the best value/performance ration. Which 4870x2, i wouldn't waste the money on the gainward rampage one, just oc the card yourself and save a fair bit of money for something else :thumbs-up:

......and that's it in a nutshell.......!!.......what he said