Windows: Vista Or Xp - 32bit Or 64bit?

jackbrennan2008

Very nice guide, maybe you could explain the difference between OEM and Retail? (OEM only has the disc, Retail comes with a fancy box, etc) Since i've seen a few people ask about it.

OEM and Retail have different licences too, OEM can only be installed on one computer and is not transferrable, while retail can be installed on one computer, then uninstalled and installed on another computer.

I'm very impressed with this overview. It allowed me to make the decision to go with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I'm waiting for my copy to come in so that I can install it into my gaming rig (see sig).

• 2 weeks later...

I am a first time XP Pro x64 user. upon installing the OS and updating drivers i ran into a small snag.

Problem: I found that my Windows XP x64 Pro said hell No to installing Adobe Flash Player. I guess that Adobe Flash Player requires a 32 bit browser.

Solution: I installed firefox and had no further problems :) Adobe Flash Player Installed and works fine on Firefox

Question: For people who wish to use Internet Explorer that comes with a x64 OS is there a way to get Flash to work with it?

very good guide... i am sick of idiot that tells vista sucks... they are just ignorant about OS and hardwares...

how to add this thread to my favorite list on this forums? (not my favorite list)

renigade, weird i able to install adobe player on IE7 at my old window xp 64... :|

i`m using vista x64 for about a year or so..and it`s great..especially with sp1..more superior than xp from every point of view.after sp1 no more driver support problems:)

so sp1 fixed many vista problem?

so sp1 fixed many vista problem?

After Vista SP1 was released windows Vista became the operating system it should have been upon release. If you skipped over vista last year due to poor driver support and/or poor performance now would be the time to jump on the band wagon vista is a very worthy upgrade provided you have the hardware to take full advantage of it!

P.S

I'm glad to see some people found this interesting and helpful good to hear!