The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

The fiance and I just purchased a new 40" Samsung LCD (120hz, 50,000:1 contrast ratio, 1080p) yesterday. Should be picking it up Saturday afternoon. The 120hz, standing side by side against a TV with a normal (lower) refresh rate, was like night and day, it was amazing. We're pretty stoked, might have to pick up a Blu-Ray player sometime down the road. I already feel a graphics card upgrade in the future so I can game on the 40". :ph34r:

Yeah its a 05 CBR 600RR. Not new got it with 12k miles on it.

It was actually downed once by the previous owner and needs a repaint, on that side too but for some reason my D40x didnt pick up any of the scratches.

Fun bike, tons of power :x

A new Dremel 400 XPR. Now I just need to find some stuff to cut, grind and to polish... :lol:

Buying a 400 xpr too soon, I gotta mod my case it's hell for cable management.

Plus I wanted 4 doors (for my dog, mostly :P), better mileage, and better reliability (try beating Toyota there).

A little late on the reply, but Scion's quality doesn't quite match Toyota's and Lexus even though Toyota makes them, it's actually below the industry average:

jd-power-initial-quality-study-name.jpg

I'm quite surprised though

A little late on the reply, but Scion's quality doesn't quite match Toyota's and Lexus even though Toyota makes them, it's actually below the industry average:

I don't really put too much stock in a comparison like that. Getting my Scion opinions from a study that includes Porsche, Infiniti, Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar, Audi, Volvo, BMW, etc doesn't seem overly realistic. Some of those cars cost 2, 3, or even 4 times what my car cost.

Even if I did want to follow that, the Scion xD uses the Toyota Yaris chassis and a Toyota Corolla motor, so I think I'll take the Toyota numbers there and sleep easy. :) Besides, Consumer Reports said the xD was the most reliable new automobile for 2009, so its best not to read too deeply into that stuff. You can find a study that says anything.

The point for me is that comparing to cars in its class, I'd say Toyota's pretty much tied with Honda and beating everything else on reliability and overall quality.