The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

OK, I've been trying to figure this out for years. The sauna has a window in the door and built in speakers. I've already got an outside TV and Boom Box wired to the speakers. It's too hot for a laptop inside.

The missing link was a wifi keyboard w/trackball that I just got from nVidia_Freak. Regular wireless input devices wouldn't work because they need a line of sight to a receiver. So I'm going to set up a desktop form factor PC (I've got about 20 of them lol) on a table just outside the sauna door with an LCD monitor on top. I'm bringing power, ethernet, and speaker wire up through the floor under the table, no wires to trip over. The RCA jacks will plug into the Boom Box (sitting on top of the sauna) for my sound. The only thing I'll have inside the sauna is the wifi keyboard/trackball.

I love it when a plan comes together. :thumbsup:

+1

That makes sense now, I had though you were going to put a PC right into the sauna.

:blink:

+1

That makes sense now, I had though you were going to put a PC right into the sauna.

:blink:

Even if heat wasn't an issue, there really isn't room.

16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600), Unbuffered, CAS 9-9-9-24, XMP, 1.50V

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, Intel Z68, 1155, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), DDR3 1866/2133, SATA 6Gb/s, RAID, ATX

Intel Core i7 2600K Unlocked S1155, Sandy Bridge, Quad Core, 3.4GHz GPU 850Mhz 8MB Cache 95W Retail

HP bd240i 8x Blu-ray Rom, 16x DVD±R , 8x DVD±R Dual Layer 12x DVD-RAM, Lightscribe Retail + Software

Waiting for a bit more cash to get a new case and fancy cooler... re-using PSU, Sound Card, drives etc... :)

THQ Pack, Oblivion GOTY, and the newest Borderlands DLC. All on steam of course

Rogue Trader (40k RPG.)

Pack of 10 sided dice (need another pack)

Desert Raiders (Book about 40k)

And in the last... month:

New laptop and xbox 360. Yay for being a student!

2 battle forces and 3 Valks, 5 sets of extra bases (40k stuff for tabletop...)

Bunch of games on Steam. I'm on vacation so that means different IP addresses each day for the purchases. Which means my bank decided to call me to make sure the purchases were all my own. Not really going to complain about that since I know they are looking out for me, just wasn't expecting to get a phone call from them so early in the morning. :lol:

Bunch of games on Steam. I'm on vacation so that means different IP addresses each day for the purchases. Which means my bank decided to call me to make sure the purchases were all my own. Not really going to complain about that since I know they are looking out for me, just wasn't expecting to get a phone call from them so early in the morning. :lol:

I've heard of people having that problem before, so I decided to just load up my Steam wallet so it was a few large purchases instead of several small ones each day.

I've heard of people having that problem before, so I decided to just load up my Steam wallet so it was a few large purchases instead of several small ones each day.

I never had them call me about it before, but the last few sales all had purchases made mostly at my house. I was gone for a bit the last holiday sale, but only bought a few things then and then the rest was all done at my house. Maybe they've stepped up their security some because of the PSN hack, who knows, I just had to confirm I had made the purchases. Took about 5 minutes, wasn't bad at all.

I haven't even begun to look for books for the fall semester yet. It's my last semester of undergrad, so I'm happy about that. Undecided about graduate school, depends on if I get a job right away or not.