The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

A condo...well actually on the 19th, but close enough

will post pictures after I get everything painted and moved in

Sweet! Do post pictures. What other kinds of things need fixing up before you move in? (I've done the outlets and light switches in my mom's townhouse...it really should have been done before we moved in - that's a necessity in my book if they're aging, and a cheap fix) :)

Well I just got back from the appliance store about 10 min ago and picked up a new fridge

I need to clean the carpet to see if the stains are going to come up, if not then I am going to have to replace that, I want to replace the spare bedroom's carpet with a wood floor since it is going to be just myself in there, I can use that as my computer room

The place was built in 2000, so there is not too much that needs to be done, the only other thing that I will need soon is a stove.

I put my mother in charge of paint patrol, so the two of us are going to the store tomorrow morning and getting some paint and doing that, I am going to get a programmable thermostat to help with my heating and cooling bills ;)

Other than that, I cant thing of anything else that needs to be done except for moving everything from my parents house to mine, thats going to be strange/difficult as I have lived here for the past 21 years...

The light fixtures look like the cheap ones you can get from k-mart, not saying that there is anything wrong with that, but I will probably be replacing those either this weekend or in the very near future, the switches dont look too bad.

The toilets dont look bad at all, one of them looks almost brand new, so I will just have to get a seat for that, but the hallway bathroom needs a new toilet, the well water has stained that one after sitting in there with the water softener being out of salt for however long it has been.

I have about 9 of my employees from work that are going to be coming over to help with the painting/cleaning/moving of my stuff, told them that I will supply some beer if they would like to come, so free labor is always good! haha

With the way that the market is right now in Michigan, I got this place at such a great price, I can afford to do a few extra things that I wasnt planning on doing until a little longer down the line

Edited by gotdamojo06

I bought 2 medium duty toggle switches, 2 skill saw blades, 4 self tapping screws, 1 tungsten steel grinding bit for a dremel, and 1 dozen doughnuts.

Sold today: Honda Civic . 950$ :'( I am really sad about that :(

Bought today:

1x Packet of noodles

1x Tomato Pesto

6x Yoghurt

1x 2L Breakfast Juice

I be eating noodles with Pesto for the next two days until I leave for San Francisco :lol:

Sold today: Honda Civic . 950$ :'( I am really sad about that :(

Bought today:

1x Packet of noodles

1x Tomato Pesto

6x Yoghurt

1x 2L Breakfast Juice

I be eating noodles with Pesto for the next two days until I leave for San Francisco :lol:

At least you aren't stuck with a car that is of no use to you!

Some athletic tape, an ice pack, and some Tylenol.

I think I may have broken my hand today tackling my friend because he landed on it with his elbow.

Today I bought the county a few hours wage for an employee, I paid a $185 fine at my local courthouse <_<

Edited by gabrieltessin