Queenz Case Painting Worklog

I think it'll probably be OK. My main concern would be the bends and nooks where sanding is more difficult. The flat areas are easy to sand and should hold paint fine. But like I said, it'll probably be fine. One way to find out, I guess :P

Thanks! I do wish I could find out now but this rain is a pain. Right now it's not raining but it looks like it's about to and I can't take that risk lol. I happened to find some florescent Orange Krylon paint in the garage. I might use it for some accent pieces :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you have an oven capable of curing the entire part? I don't think I've ever had a oven I could fit a case inside...

response: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...se=SUM-01-06100 It cures in a regular oven.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for having enough paint, I think you have more than enough Queens (as I mentioned before) so don't worry be happy and get to painting. :lol:

response: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...se=SUM-01-06100 It cures in a regular oven.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for having enough paint, I think you have more than enough Queens (as I mentioned before) so don't worry be happy and get to painting. :lol:

You reading this right?

Professional powdercoating at home!

Our Summit

You reading this right?

Looks to me like you can't use any ordinary oven to do this job.

It just means that you should use an oven that you aren't gonna cook Thanksgiving dinner in. I got an old electric oven from a thrift store to do parts in when I did this, but that setup is gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Queen's how's the paint going man?

So Queen's how's the paint going man?

Yet another day of not painting :( It's raining all day today and the wind is blowing like hell. But I do got some good news I found a brand new unopened rivet set in the garage lol I didn't even know we had one:

DSC002055.jpg

I tested it, and it works great :thumbs-up:

My main concern is if I'm going to have enough paint and clearcoat, and here is the stuff I will be using:

DSC002065.jpg

What I am thinking about doing so that I have enough black paint is doing some accent pieces in a UV alien green color. These are the pieces I think I want to do green:

The expansion card holder

DSC002084.jpg

The motherboard back tray:

DSC002104.jpg

The thing that holds the front intake fan on

DSC002093.jpg

What do you guys think?

I still think it can be done with less than one can of color and clear, but the alien green thing sounds cool so try it. :P

And it has the easy spray nozzle thing. I tested it and it's freaking sweet :D

I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. What kind of UV paint are you using?

I'm trying to stay away from florescent colors lol. I wouldn't really say it's a UV green, but more like a candy apple green/alien green. I don't know how to explain how it looks really lol. I'm heading out to home depot tomorrow cause I need to buy some green paint, more sand paper, a box of rivets, and some string to hold the stuff up while spray painting. The paint I have so far I'd say has to be the most epic paint ever. I tested the easy spray nozzle on the Dupli-Color cans of paint and I couldn't believe how awesome it sprays out. From my experience I'd have to say it's 100 times better than the traditional spray can nozzle.