Queenz Case Painting Worklog

Hey, don't you have a garage? Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just put some plastic down and paint in there? Did you remember to plug the "ATX" holes for your standoffs?

I think we're finally all on the same page with the powder coating. Cheap ovens ftw.

Yea I got a garage but there is no room in it. I can barely get inside. I didn't plug the holes cause I took a look at it and each hole is opened so there was no paint build up, otherwise I would of :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I got a garage but there is no room in it. I can barely get inside. I didn't plug the holes cause I took a look at it and each hole is opened so there was no paint build up, otherwise I would of :)

That's not gonna stop paint from accumulating in the threads... :blink:

I used an old chair from the backyard and my mom's new broom she bought last week for sweeping outside lol, I got primer all over it.

Nice job Queenz.

I view of the fact you have got primer all over your moms' new broom I think you should use it and sweep up them leaves by way of an apology. ;)

Cheers

Paul

Nice job Queenz.

I view of the fact you have got primer all over your moms' new broom I think you should use it and sweep up them leaves by way of an apology. ;)

Cheers

Paul

hahaha she doesn't know about the broom yet lol. I hid it in the backyard where she won't find it lol. I'll be needing it in the morning tomorrow. I bought a new 30,000 RPM Black & Decker dremel today and a 120 piece set at Home Depot. I'll be needing this for cutting out a nice hole for the fillport cause as you can see with the way I had it before it actually was just hanging around and it's annoying. I got a Core i7 920 today from Microcenter in Long Island and canceled my order online. Only $299, they got it under special order. Only 15 in the store, I couldn't believe it. But I have no use for it yet until I figure out how I'm going to make this socket plate for my Dtek FuZion block so that it will fit on my LGA1366 socket.

Since I got my dremel today, I cut out a hole on the top for the fillport. After cutting I used the dremel to smoothen out the edges. Wait to you guys see the pics later tonight :) I'll post them up. BTW I got some more of the same auto primer from Walmart today :D

Right now I fail to get some pictures for you guys cause I can't find the camera charger. But don't worry I'll find it :). I actually finished the rest of the priming and started on the paint job (base coat). I'm not finished painting but I still will get those pictures up. After everything is done I will do a nice clearcoat too. Right now I am out of black paint so I will have to run over to autozone to see if they have some :). I need 2 more cans from the looks of it.

Oh wait nevermind lol I got the memory card too! As you know the priming is all done and I managed to paint some pieces already. Here is some spoilers for you guys to see how well the paint job came out so far. I was actually quite impressed on how well the surface looks. It looks like it was done by a professional in an auto body shop with a paint gun :), and don't forget everything is still taped off:

DSC00205-3.jpg

My new baby (I also got a 120 piece dremel set to go with it):

DSC00211-2.jpg

The excellent job it did cutting out a little hole on the top for my fillport install ( you can't see it too well cause it's taped off under the hole) :

DSC00206-3.jpg

More surface shots:

DSC00207-4.jpg

DSC00208-4.jpg

A part of the front piece:

DSC00210-4.jpg

Surface shot of the front piece:

DSC00209-3.jpg

I painted some other parts already too but their not ready to be shown yet as they need some more coats of paint, and some others haven't even been painted yet too. Sorry for the bad lighting cause my family is sleeping right now and I didn't want to turn any big lights on so i improvised with the under the cabinet lighting in the kitchen :P

EDIT: I also decided I'm not painting accent pieces green. But I still might paint the motherboard tray a different color maybe just to bring out the main area of the case more, but I don't know yet. When I drive over to the zone later I will see what they have. Oh yeah BTW my package of wire sleeving kits, wire clamps, and the Swiftech MCP665-B Gel Vibration absorbing pad got lost in the USPS, and now I have to order it all over again :angry2: I swere USPS sucks!! They have the most screwed up tracking ever next to DHL <_< .

Oh yeah I couldn't do anything outside today anyways, they say were suppose to get a lite sprinkle of snow.......

Paint looks awesome!! Ill be starting my painting on Saturday when the new case for my i7 setup comes in and I can only hope it turns out that well. I do have one question for the taking apart of the entire chassis however. Is there ever any concern about everything not going back together quite right? What I mean is, assuming that when you re-rivet it, if there are a few that dont quite line up correctly(I dont think im explaining this right) is there a way to avoid the whole case ending up "wobbly"? Oh man....wait until I have my morning coffee then I'll be able to explain myself better. GJ Queenz!!!

EDIT: W00t for my first post!! *Dashes off to the introduction section*

Edited by RCKage