Overclocking Cpu Having No Effect On Crysis

skating101

as far as i could gather they are using an older dual core 65nm chip. i can't imagine the speed they're running it at is much better than the chip ur using clocked up as high as ~2.8GHz. i can't see any reason that would cause the difference.

one thing that i can tell may be holding you back is that in their test, they used windows vista with DX10 and you are using xp SP2 (you may want to upgrade to sp3 if that suits your fancy.) so that may be causing the discrepancy.

another, albeit lame, explanation is that every system is different, even if they are made of the exact same parts. so that is quite possibly the reason.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're complaining about 3FPS? With all due respect, that 3fps difference could be the result of a thousand things. Stuff like background apps eating CPU cycles, the type of RAM you have and even different batches(Performance is never identical between chips but it's extremely similar) between your GPU/CPU can lead to that little difference. The conditions they ran their test in are also different from yours(how the OS is setup, etc). Online reviews are not the be-all and end-all of performance, they're just a general example of the performance you could expect with their exact hardware platform or one that is extremely similar.

Be happy with what you're getting or OC your parts for more kick. Other than that, you are well within the margin of error for a benchmark and shouldn't worry about it.

Edit: Bah, beat me to it, turophiliac. :P

Edited by iKillSteal

Edit: Bah, beat me to it, turophiliac. :P

If it makes you feel better I like your wording better, even if it is slower :lol:

But yeah benchmarking is NOT an exact science and even your own runs at identical settings will vary. That's why many reviews even list a margin of error (usually they try to avoid it by averaging multiple runs of the same setting and hardware) and it's easy to get a different result with the SAME setup much less another one on another day with a different OS install.

You guys are right i am being pedantic i should just enjoy shooting North Koreans lol one thing that does suck is that when im cloaked and I use a scope the FPS drops to like 16 which is kinda gay

That's a design feature. The developers intentionally locked the game at 16fps when zoomed in order to slow down gameplay and make precision shooting easier.

That's a design feature. The developers intentionally locked the game at 16fps when zoomed in order to slow down gameplay and make precision shooting easier.

they have lazy programmers AND poor insults to give to us gamers eh haha

Put the res to 1680x1050 and see what you get. Just a s a reference at this resolution with 2xaa and medium settings I get 23FPS with that CPU and video card combo

Equivalent pixels are the same for both resolutions:

1680 x 1050 = 1764000 pixels

1770 x 1000 = 1770000 pixels

ill post benchmarks for that those settings when i get home from work in 2 hours