High End Help

toast

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid:

It's a way of saying "Hey! That's a good idea. Exactly what I would have said." We just don't have one that says "I concur" :P

well of course, i guess i just read wrong taking it as an insult

self :facepalm:

yes the timings and volt are correct

Ummm no they fail unless he really is using ddr3. Here is why

Yes this a SPD of an OCZ reaper 1066 2x2GB kit, which I currently have at 1141MHz 5-5-5-15 2.3v stable. And at 1066 it needs at least 2V.

Sorry then I was just not really sure if he typo'd or not.

Edited by ocmooz

Ummm no they fail unless he really is using ddr3. Here is why

Yes this a SPD of an OCZ reaper 1066 2x2GB kit, which I currently have at 1141MHz 5-5-5-15 2.3v stable. And at 1066 it needs at least 2V.

toast

Don't set the ram voltage as shown above. The max voltage for your ram is 1.8 volts. Your first post lists a DDR3 board and memory at a rated speed of 1333MHZ. Not sure why there would be any confusion as to what type of ram you have.

toast

Don't set the ram voltage as shown above. The max voltage for your ram is 1.8 volts. Your first post lists a DDR3 board and memory at a rated speed of 1333MHZ. Not sure why there would be any confusion as to what type of ram you have.

I do it comes from not reading sigs. :rolleyes:

1444/4 = 361 (1444 is QDR) 361*10 = 3610MHz

I have never OC'd a quad core, so I was not aware that the fsb of each core was added together in the bios

^ (what I learned today)

Savan that is not what he means. Say the fsb is 1333 it is divided by four because the fsb is quad pumped no matter if you run a dual or quad core the fsb is still quad pumped. The bios is not adding up the fsb of the four cores. all four cores run at that fsb. Evrything on the motherboard communicates over the fsb. If the fsb was just 333 then the computer wouldn't run very fast because the fsb would be overloaded with data. The 333 stands for the internal fsb clock of the proc.

why are you reapers at 6-6-6-20? default is 5-5-5-18 for 1066 @ 2.1v and i noticed it says 1.6v for you which is undervolting even at stock. it doesn't matter you're cpu is overclocked its the ram that giving you the problems. drop the cpu to stock and notice how it will continue to freeze unless the rams at 1.9-2.1v. i don't know why no one picked up on this.

it is ddr 3 not ddr 2

My question is how do you figure 3.6 Ghz with your fsb 1444 and multiplier 10?

1444*10 = 14440 or 14.44Ghz (which I doubt :P )

and assuming that that was a typo, and your fsb is 144 then thats 1.44Ghz. To get 3.6Ghz at 144fsb, you would need a multiplier of 25 (which I have never seen)

If Im not seeing something, please let me know, but your numbers dont add up for me.

well that is what it is coming up with fsb 1444 and multipier 10 then divide by 4 gets you 3.6