Official Post Your Build Guts Thread

Queenz

Nice job Krow! You plan on upgrading from stock cooling?

You should try tucking some of those wires behind the motherboard tray. :)

Yeah, I'm never done with this. I just temporarily fixed the airflow with tape, lol.

And I'm upgrading my cooling once I decide to OC, because right now my max temps are 52, which is fine by me.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job taco!! lol Hey does the fact that the power connectors are on the front of the video card make it hard for you to do wire management? I have a 9800GTX and I hate that design cause my PCI-E cables are not long enough for it to reach. Yeah they do reach but their exposed.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice job taco!! lol Hey does the fact that the power connectors are on the front of the video card make it hard for you to do wire management? I have a 9800GTX and I hate that design cause my PCI-E cables are not long enough for it to reach. Yeah they do reach but their exposed.

Reach is not a problem but i had to tape the wires to the back of the MOBO tray to keep them from being pulled toward the GPU

Here is a picture of my server I just built and in service on a self in my basement...lol

It's an Antec mini P180 with a Biostar 780G mATX board (awesome board) and a 5400BE AM2 CPU

pretty much the gist of it...but nice none the less....

DSCF0683.JPG

nice looking setup

. lighting, bad flash and high blood pressure make for shaky pics...out of 80 I took, these were the semi-good/good ones..I even scaled these because most of them weren't that thrilling either.. :( The macro's were pretty good tho'..maybe I should just stick to that and leave the camera in auto when I want to do casual stuff. :lol:

th_badgessr.jpg

th_casesr.jpg

th_innards3sr.jpg

th_innards2sr.jpg

th_seagatemacrosr.jpg

th_zalmanmacrosr.jpg

Benching session. Loop with alcohol, rad in dice.

DSCN6267.jpg

Heres when its all closed up. Yes, my wire management sucks.

DSCN6335.jpg

I could swear a goal of water cooling was "less fans"

I could swear a goal of water cooling was "less fans"

What? Never......

Actually with watercooling your adding on alot more fans cause of the radiator. The goal of watercooling is to get better temps not less noise.