Official Post Your Build Guts Thread

Queenz

What? Never......

Actually with watercooling your adding on alot more fans cause of the radiator. The goal of watercooling is to get better temps not less noise.

If you really have more fans with a watercooling setup you should consider buying a bigger radiator. Simple physics dictates that with a big enough radiator you wouldn't even need a fan.

The reason watercooling works is because it allows you to dissipate the heat generated by a small surface area (e.g. your cpu) over a much larger area (e.g. the radiator).

Edited by wump

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason watercooling works is because it allows you to dissipate the heat generated by a small surface area (e.g. your cpu) over a much larger area (e.g. the radiator).

And because water moves heat alot faster than air can.

Ahh, the 1GHz, come on :P That's for pussies :lol: I think I went past 1GHz on EVERY Intel CPU I've had so far lol, E6400 @ 3.2, Q6600 @ 3.5, E6600 @ 3.6.... :P

It's not magical like it used to be.

I remember being giddy when I got my DLT3C from 1.46 GHz to over 2.5 GHz. 1 GHz overclocks back then were incredibly hard to come by. I had to hard-mod my chip to a 17x multiplier to get it that high. :lol:

Yea, I know. I almost beat that 1GHz barrier with a 4000+ San Diego when I was battleing with Caffeinejunkie who had the best clocking San Diego... Turned out it was his 3700+ :lol: I had the 4000+ to 3315MHz, he got like 3317MHz, and then I had to give that 4000+ rig away :lol:

Ahh well, another piece of good information that was lost in the infamous OCC HDD crash :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Newer wire management. Still just as many fans (no the damn goal isn't less fans its higher clocks :lol:). Rest assured, you can't see the cables in the hard drive bay (moved hard drive to where floppies usually go for better management) when the side panel is on.

DSCN9116.jpg

DSCN9118.jpg

DSCN9117.jpg

Notice the ghetto black paper glued on to cover cables? Too lazy to spray paint the case and cut some holes with a dremel lol.

Edited by l33t p1mp